• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for the Most powerful Tracked machine

I have a pair of 333D's and wouldn't buy another one. There's not enough changes with the 333E to make me want one of those either, the cab still sucks.

the cabs are great when you get them, but after less than 300 hours in the brush there's a constant rain of wood chips or dust or dirt in the cab.

The overhead window is worse than useless, it's plexiglass and gets scratched, fast.
Door seals suck.
Door striker needs constant maintenance and adjustment.
I have to clean my radiators every four hours MAX in the brush or dust, and that's even with the reversing fan.
The EH controls might as well be like steering a race car with a blunt pole.
You have to start and move arms to get your daily checks and greasing done.
The side panels fall off.
side panels are hard to get on correctly.
side panels fit poorly causing the top hatch to not engage the latch.
Faulty Hyd temp sensor (warranty)
At 11 hrs I had a fan drive failure, cause: big aluminum chunks in the hyd oil jamming the solenoid valves. JD's fix: flush the system a couple times and see if it happens again. (warranty)
Replaced the quick attach plate, both machines.
Replaced lower quick attach plate pins once on my dime, BEFORE the Quick attach plate recall, and again during on JD's dime.
Back window leaks.
Side windows seals are useless and come out. (all four between both machines are gone.)
Oh, and the EH controls for my attachments are wired the same. The Aux circuits are different electrically at the plug.

My serial numbers on the machines are 9 apart and they were ordered the same day, why the hell are they wired different?

I'll never buy another JD skid steer or track loader. I'm just trying to make some more money with these until I pay them down a bit more and they are going down the road for a pair of Bobcat T870's.

I own and operate a ranch in South Central Kansas. We use the machines to cut trees, pile trees, move dirt and rock, make roads, etc etc.

You've done it, I reckon i'm turned off a JD. I did notice the side panels and thought the design was a bit ordinary. I thought about the T870 but I need a machine that is versatile enough to do mulching and earth moving with smaller jobs with tighter access as well so I thought the T770 would fit the bill better.
Thanks for your input

Red Hill Dirt

For a general dirt guy, a JD be a problem, but they just suck in the brush. If Bobcats are well supported and the narrower 770 fits you better, get that.

Aren't 770's an odd width? like 78 inches? most tools are either 72 or 84, or made to work with those sizes. That would be part of my decision matrix as well.

For a general dirt guy, a JD be a problem, but they just suck in the brush. If Bobcats are well supported and the narrower 770 fits you better, get that.

Aren't 770's an odd width? like 78 inches? most tools are either 72 or 84, or made to work with those sizes. That would be part of my decision matrix as well.

Thanks mate, there is too much choice it's doing my head in so I think i'll sleep on it it's 3am here i'm getting up at 7. Thanks for your thoughts