• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for Feed Back

Impact

Occupation
Owner
After this we have a platform about 40' long x 25' wide x 10' tall. I estimate 16,000 pounds. After that an additional 20' or so for a monorail system to lift motors and gear reducers to the top or to the ground.

Attachments

• P5050022.jpg
    P5050022.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 275
  • P5050024.jpg
    P5050024.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 272
  • P5060025.jpg
    P5060025.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 272
  • P5060032.jpg
    P5060032.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 276

td25c

Excellent Impact !Thats going to be nice grain facility when its done.Looks like you made a good decision buying the grove.The JLG man lift is impressive as well.

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
Cool..Always lile a little steel ..the 700E is a glider on it to..Thanks Impact :notworthy..

You are leaving that sheave down (mast)on stiff jib right ..looks like it up from these photo's:eek:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Impact, I see a Gehl 883 in post #154, is that your machine? Those, and the 663, are dang good telehandler forklifts. Built solid, good components, and mechanic friendly. I'd take a 663 or 883 over the newer DL model Gehl machines anyday. :)

PS, don't feel bad about being up high in that 120 JLG, I wouldn't go all the way up in it either when we had it here...too chicken. lol :D

Last edited:

Impact

Occupation
Owner
liebherr...you know..I heard what you said about the sheave being down on a stiff jib. I checked in the manual, and sure enough, you're right. I tried it that way. The cable rubs on the jib somewhere (I forget where). It just didn't seem right, so, we're running it with the sheave up.

I can try and crop the next photos so you can't see it next time! :D

Besides, I hate a limber jib.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Yup. An old Gehl 883. We just went through it this past winter bringing it back up to shape. New tires, rebuilt the cylinders, new paint, new seat, and several other new items. Spent more on the machine than it would have brought had I tried to sell it. BUT..I know what I;'ve got now, and we love the machine.

gotta say though......I think I like the new Pettibone even better.

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
liebherr...you know..I heard what you said about the sheave being down on a stiff jib. I checked in the manual, and sure enough, you're right. I tried it that way. The cable rubs on the jib somewhere (I forget where). It just didn't seem right, so, we're running it with the sheave up.

I can try and crop the next photos so you can't see it next time! :D

Besides, I hate a limber jib.

There should be a piece of round stock with plain ol steel rollers ,essentially about 8-12 pieces of pipe..that's what the cable runs on ..there's some flat bar on either side that keeps the cable in ..

.. she'll twist because of the fleet angle..you run the risk of punching down the sheave bending the lacing's..

I was running with it up as well until i got a phone call from a friend at another company ..theirs was in Grove for a problem ..warranty negated ..but was able to rack it around using the adjusting nuts in the jib heel..and fit it decently again ..talk about a get out of jail free card:D..me and him ..

I loved running that crane on jib ..petitioned for the 20' insert..didnt get it :beatsme..LOL..at that point somebody thought i was nuts ..

You do nice work though man ..If im ever in that neck of the woods I'll give ya a day ..for free..so basicly..nothing changed ...:drinkup

Impact

Occupation
Owner
There should be a piece of round stock with plain ol steel rollers ,essentially about 8-12 pieces of pipe..that's what the cable runs on ..there's some flat bar on either side that keeps the cable in ..

.. she'll twist because of the fleet angle..you run the risk of punching down the sheave bending the lacing's..

I was running with it up as well until i got a phone call from a friend at another company ..theirs was in Grove for a problem ..warranty negated ..but was able to rack it around using the adjusting nuts in the jib heel..and fit it decently again ..talk about a get out of jail free card:D..me and him ..

I loved running that crane on jib ..petitioned for the 20' insert..didnt get it :beatsme..LOL..at that point somebody thought i was nuts ..

You do nice work though man ..If im ever in that neck of the woods I'll give ya a day ..for free..so basicly..nothing changed ...:drinkup

I'll take another look at the sheave issue whenever the jib is stiff.

I've got two two inserts and I AM nuts. It's good for 4,000 pounds or so with 40' of inserts in it. 4,000# at 210' is a LOT...at least to a guy like myself and my business. SLOW and steady I'm sure.

Does a guy ever happen to be in Kentucky whenever he's from Canada? LOL:drinkup If you make it here, I'll see if I can find ya a Molson.

I've got a buddy from Syracuse that was here just last week. I tried to get him to ask for a Molson at our local bar. He wouldn't. I think he knew to ask for a bud or a bud light or they'd accuse him of being gay or something. Myself, I LIKE molson, and I'm straight.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yup. An old Gehl 883. We just went through it this past winter bringing it back up to shape. New tires, rebuilt the cylinders, new paint, new seat, and several other new items. Spent more on the machine than it would have brought had I tried to sell it. BUT..I know what I;'ve got now, and we love the machine.

gotta say though......I think I like the new Pettibone even better.

Sounds good. Those are tough telehandlers, and mechanic friendly. :)

You guys have quite an operation. Great pics and very nice work. ;)

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Ok..I haven't been online much, as I'm working 7 days a week etc. BUT..I love the new/used TMS700E crane. BUT..that son of a beehive is driving me nuts with the LMI. If I leave the boom centered over the cab it's OK. Swing to certain points left or right of center and I get an error code E80 and alarms start going off. In the 360 radius half the areas the alarm is off, half it's not going off. Whenever the alarm is sounding, you can boom up but not down, you can lower the ball but not raise it. etc..and that alarm will literally drive you nuts. You CAN overide it, but, it's really hard to operate two joy sticks with one finger on the override button.

I called a service man once before and he gave me the ciode to get into the settings on the LMI. He had me zero the slewing pot. It didn't seem to do anything, but, somehow it fixed it for the time being. Now, it's doing it again and after adjusting the slewing pot again, it's still showing E80 error codes.

The LMI is GREAT when it's working right, it sucks when it's not though! I'm thinking call someone that knows what they're doing.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Thought I'd respond to my LMI problem. It haunted us last year for weeks and weeks. Finally found out the can over the electrical swivel was leaking. We removed it, dried everything out, and tried to seal it. A week later, same thing, LMI acting up. BUT..it hadn't rained. Ended up there was a pinhole leak in the water swivel. When the engine would get hot, it'd blow steam, and the steam would saturate the electrical swivel. Ended up disconnecting the water from the swivel..problem solved. I just need to remember to try and fix the water swivel before winter.

Impact

Occupation
Owner
I've had the 60 ton for a year and a half now. Like Liebherr said..I LOVE thev TMS760E. I'd sell the 50 ton AT crane and trade up for another 760E. I'm also considering maybe a bit larger, 90-110 ton range. Which crane would you guys look at in that range? Grove? Liebherr? AT? Truck Crane?

Impact

Occupation
Owner
Finally Made some progress on swapping cranes. As expected I couldn't make a deal with anyone by trading. Got my money back on the 50 ton after running it 2-1/2 years by selling it myself. Looked around at many different cranes for the last month before finally deciding on a 2002 Liebherr LTM-1080-1L. It's a 100 ton with 157' live boom. The 1L is the American version of the European design. It's 5-6 feet longer, just basically spreading the axles out a bit. And of course It won't fit in my warehouse without taking it off the dolly. At least not yet. I may just knock the back wall out.

It's a pretty complex crane compared to the Groves I've been running. Should have it here next Wednesday. Guy volunteered to leave the operator with me for a day to train us a bit.

Tiny

Should have it here next Wednesday. Guy volunteered to leave the operator with me for a day to train us a bit.

Take full advantage of that , That operator could provide insight that the book will never give .