• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a model: Truck, jeep, low-boy, and stinger, "HO" scale.

DieCastoms

My name is Michael, I am new to this forum (this is my first real post) and I have always been fascinated by "big trucks".

I am looking for a model truck. None of the criteria/items in my list need to be a specific make/model/year, I just like the looks, ;) . This can be die-cast or plastic, but I am hoping to find 1/87th scale ("HO" trains scale). Mathcbox or Hotwheels 'scale' would also be 'close enough. All pieces must 'fit' together and look like they belong together, whether they are from the same set or not.

Here is what I want:

• Truck (any tractor will do, but I am partial to Pete's and older Mack's),
  • Jeep (front fifth-wheel dolly)
  • Trailer (most anything will do, but low-boy with detachable gooseneck would be best, even if the model's gooseneck does not detach)
  • Stinger (rear dolly)

This picture shows basically what I am looking for:
http://www.mooresfarmtoys.com/images/lowboy 64th.jpg

Looking forward to many replies,
Michael.

Last edited:

DieCastoms

Try this: http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?cat_s=U&mfg_s=hrp&str_s=heavy haul

You can piece together what you want. They have a couple trucks you want, plus the lowboy with jeep. The "Noteboom Pendel-X Heavy Haul Trailer" is another trailer option that would probably fit the other jeep.

Geez, that's ... practically perfect, and I'm kinda stupid . . . I HAVE Herpa models, two of them, and never thought to look at Herpa for what I wanted .......

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. The prices are a little more than I'd be happy with, but at least I can buy piece-by-piece instead of having to save up for an all-at-once set.

Michael.