• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking for a backup strobe light

Boss

Awhile back one of the loaders we had purchased came with a strobe light that kicked on along with the back up alarm, when the machine was put into reverse. I've looked high and low for these, as I want to add them on all of our equipment, but can't find them. They really help out when you have a congestion of machines, as you never can tell which machines back up alarm is going off, but the blue strobe is nice to distinguish which machine is in reverse.

So if anyone knows where I can find these, it would be appreciated.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Awhile back one of the loaders we had purchased came with a strobe light that kicked on along with the back up alarm, when the machine was put into reverse. I've looked high and low for these, as I want to add them on all of our equipment, but can't find them. They really help out when you have a congestion of machines, as you never can tell which machines back up alarm is going off, but the blue strobe is nice to distinguish which machine is in reverse.

So if anyone knows where I can find these, it would be appreciated.

We have been allowed when running in residential areas to use a Blue Strobe after hours in place of the normal back-up alarms. The ones we use we get them from this company:

http://www.star1889.com/

They are more or less local to us, maybe 90 miles away, and have been good people to deal with. Some lamps are not listed as 24 volts but they are available.