• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Looking at an Hitachi EX60-2...need some purchasing guidance?

kilohertz

Hi guys,

I am trying to make a deal with a friend on his EX60-2, 1993 with about 6100 hours, I own a smaller KX91 and this would be the next logical step up for me, a bit bigger machine that I can still haul with my current setup. I know nothing about Hitachi machines, except they are supposed to be similar/same as a John Deere models??

Are there any known, common things to watch out for on these? It all looks to be in pretty good condition, undercarriage looks okay, sprockets may be getting a little worn, no huge leaks or wet spots under it and it has been sitting for a long time. No blade but has digging and cleanup buckets and an Accurate thumb. Electronic Total Control System, fly by wire?

Any help or guidance appreciated. I see on machinery trader, they range from $8K to $14K USD , quite a range. Not sure what to offer on this one.

Thanks all.

Cheers

ycs

Better find yourself a ex60-5 since the electronic is matured.. dash 2 machine electronic very complicated..