• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Look at this new concept for tractors.

Nothinbetter

I don't think this tractor is that new. Some where on youtube a different video clips shows a model that looks about 10 years old pulling a disk. I do believe ScottAR is correct on it being for narrow roads. Some good ideas have come from the European side of the world with farm equip.

Gadgetman

Occupation
project manager and operator
Sorry for dragging up an old thread,but it's the 1st time I've seen this tractor.

Wonder if that adjustable suspension has to do with not getting high centered on the middle axle. Maintaining traction on all six wheels going over terraces for example? It must to be able to sense weight per wheel. Hmm, with that ability it should be able to adjust vertically on hillsides. That'd be cool...

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Nice looking machine does anyone know when the company was started, and are tractors what the build?

bigblueox

yeah fendt has been around a while. founded in 1937 made in Germany and recently purchased by AGCO in 97. Their big claim to fame is the tm vario gear boxes.

Richardjw~

If I understand correctly, this thing is aimed at European type farms.

I understand in Europe Four wheel drive tractors presumably with duals are very difficult to road between fields on their narrow roads.

So the idea is one would have big power and traction in a narrower
machine. Big money for sure as well.

the same reason for having a Quadtrac

eianewb

deere9670, that tractor in your pic... does it make all the hyd whining noises like the older ones do? i ran a 9400t and a couple 8400t's and they all gave me huge headaches from all the noise. they have all the hydraulics right under the cab for the steering. i didn't like them at all, except goin down the road... it was nice that people would actually get out of the way, lol.

Brimlo

Occupation
farmer
i think the fendt looks ugly. maybe it is for the narrow european roads but you would think would be simpler. maybe tracks would wear to much on the roads.

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
we have fendt's up here they are a cool tractor but u dont see manny guys paying 600k for a mid sised farm tractor
my buddy is a fendt mechanic and he was showing me some cool stuff with them, they are 30 years ahead of everyone else but i dunno if i could justify having one