• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

loegering versatile track system

shawnied

wanting good and bad info on the Loegering Veritale Track system (VTS). have heard hard to keep bearings in them too expensive to need much maintenance. i currently have older 1845c and wanting to know if anybody has converted their 1845 over to this system. dealership says axles in 1845 not strong enough to handle the extra torque and traction this system adds to the machine. think know the answer to this as far as converting my machine to tracks would like to hear some suggestions thank you for your time

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I had a set on a CASE 440. Broke one drive chain put around 1200 hours on it, never any issue with the tracks themselves. That said I would not even consider putting it on an 1845C. Not enough HP and it simply is not built for that kind abuse. Tracks weigh about 1500 a side.

ejb17

Occupation
Fleet Maint Mgr
What KSSS said is good advise in regards to that older machine with that HP. With that said I have the VTS system on a 2011 JD 318D and love the setup. One thing is I can switch to tires for the winter. I bought the setup used and went through it so that I would not have any problems for a while. What things it did need were a bit pricey but no more so than idlers and rollers for a CTL would be imo. I do a lot of stump grinding and Harley raking so I am on "tender" areas a lot that I do not want to fix so the low ground pressure and ability to go back to tires was the clincher for me. I did put new tracks on in the Fall and went with Camoplast SD style which actually worked quite well this winter so I did not switch to tires, and believe me with that huge snow we had here in November the tracks worked really well.

Would I do the same again, probably not. I think next time I will just go to a CTL and get tracks that work in the snow. But, the VTS definitely makes an animal out of the machine and can increase productivity in certain situations.