• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Local contractors out of hand

Truck Shop

Every truck stop years ago had a row of phone booths, truck stop restaurants had phones at the booths/tables. As CM1995 said {projects got built} and loads got delivered.
Phone or no phone-driving is a privilege not a right.

emmett518

I find drivers of large trucks to be in most cases courteous, safe drivers. They are subjected to rules far more stringent than drivers of smaller vehicles.
In the last week I've had several close calls with people pulling onto the road in front of me. when there is no where near enough room to stop. Most common is very old people. Pull out in front of me where I have to come down on the brakes hard to avoid running over them, then they drive 10 miles under speed limit!
Another EXTREME hazard is texting. At least once a day somebody crosses into my lane while staring into their lap. They think they are in stealth mode. I assume police investigating an accident will check when the last text was sent.
The people with trucks too small for their load are yet another highway hazard.

Not suggesting that they are bad drivers. I am suggesting that those drivers have their hands full, and staying away from them, not pulling out in front, and cutting them a lot of slack can't hurt, and might help them.