• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader question.

madman292

Hey guys? What is this assy circled in this picture. What function does it serve?

Attachments

• Backhoes-1024x1024.jpg
    Backhoes-1024x1024.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 24

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Be sure and put that red safety device in place when the loader arms are raised and you are working underneath them.

Since you are new to this it will be a two man job. One in the cab raising the loader arms and another carefully sliding the red "cover" in over the end of the cylinder.

If the machine looses hydraulic fluid/pressure the red bar will keep the rod from retracting into the cylinder. Obviously very deadly things can happen if someone is under the boom without that safety bar in place and the boom comes down.

Tinkerer

I use a 2" square tube with a 1/4" wall thickness. I cut one on side cut out of it.
It is easy to lay a U shaped support on the cylinder rod.
It is then a one person operation to lay it on the rod and gently put the weight of the loader on it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I use a 2" square tube with a 1/4" wall thickness. I cut one on side cut out of it.
It is easy to lay a U shaped support on the cylinder rod.
It is then a one person operation to lay it on the rod and gently put the weight of the loader on it.

Yes but you not only know what the bar is used for you also know how to make your own - hence becoming a one many job. ;)

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
My backhoe has one now but in the past I used a piece of 2" x 1/4" angle iron cut to 1/4" shy of rode when fully extended set over the top of the rod. If concerned it could be held in place with a zip tie.