• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Loader Backhoe fork lift attachment

gordyo

Charter Member
Occupation
Fleet Manager
I need the names of some companies that make aftermarket fork lift attachments that would go on a loader bucket after welding on a set of ears

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Didn't I see on the other site that you get a quick coupler on the front of the new backhoe? Why not get a set of JRB forks that fit it, then you can swap between the loader and the backhoe? True forks are much better then the clip on forks.

gordyo

Charter Member
Occupation
Fleet Manager
2004F550 said:
Didn't I see on the other site that you get a quick coupler on the front of the new backhoe? Why not get a set of JRB forks that fit it, then you can swap between the loader and the backhoe? True forks are much better then the clip on forks.

Your correct the machine does have a JRB quick coupler, and the original plan was to purchase a set of quick coupler forks but that was before I got a qoute a few weeks ago. I can't justify spending well over $5000 just to get a set that will mount on the quick coupler when I have been using an aftermarket set for 15 years on the JD 210C backhoe I am trading in that has worked fine for moving the genie lift that I need to move around campus a few times a month. If I was moving pipe etc. every day, that would be a different story but everything we move around with the backhoe we have now is light. I found an aftermarket set for about $1000 which will work just as well as the ones on my JD 210C I am trading. Unfourtunatly, I would take the forks off the 210c but I traded the machine with the set of forks, thinking I would be getting the forks to fit the quick coupler. Oh well.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
$5000???? That sounds nuts!! Is this on the JD wheel loader? My forks were about $600 to fit my skid!

How about the clamp on type, would they work?

gordyo

Charter Member
Occupation
Fleet Manager
Hi Steve,

Yes, that price was for a set that would work with the 344 loader and with the new JD 310G backhoe.

I have a set of clamp on type forks, but they are just too unstable with the Genie Lift because it hangs out infront of the bucket 12' feet. You have to carry it the long way as that is the way the fork recievers are. I carried it lengthwise across the bucket once and it tipped over and did some damage to it. The manufacterer told us only to carry it the way it was intended even though it sticks way out infront of the bucket. It was a bit scary carrying it with the clamp on Forks. The set that I have now on the 210 that you weld a set of ears on the top of the bucket work better for moving this manlift around.

Last edited:

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Something doesn't sound right here. My supplier uses a wheel loader for loading my bricks, he's got two sets of dedicated forks, I can't imagine they cost him that much. I'll stop in Monday and ask him about them.

LaLaMan

Damn for that much Id have the steel bent up at the steel yard and fab themup myself. I mean sure it would be alot of welding and at least 500+ worth of material but it would be worth it. Clip ons would not be hard to fab.