• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Little Things

Tiny

Just a few Pictures of Little Things that are just not right.

Attachments

• little things 001.jpg
    little things 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,885
  • little things 002.jpg
    little things 002.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,870
  • little things 003.jpg
    little things 003.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,886
  • little things 004.jpg
    little things 004.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,883
  • little things 005.jpg
    little things 005.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,873

Tiny

Attachments

• little things 008.jpg
    little things 008.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,854
  • little things 007.jpg
    little things 007.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,858
  • little things 006.jpg
    little things 006.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,854

grandpa

Nice pictures Tiny, but whats with this TRUCK DRIVERS NEED LOVE TOO. My crew just got done graveling a road and were dumping material in the driveways to flush them back up with the main road.......one truckdriver comes along and dumps his load in an approach......to a asphalt driveway. Makes it real hard to give the love....baah ha ha

Tiny

Again little things that can get you in trouble, Just because someone decided "that's good enough"

Why would anyone leave that booby trap set.

Attachments

• keiwit 002 a.jpg
    keiwit 002 a.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 1,611
  • keiwit 003 a.jpg
    keiwit 003 a.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,616

JDOFMEMI

Well, Picture number 1 takes the cake. I can't believe there are that many people under the boom when it is at such a precarious angle. Way too easy for something to go wrong and kill all of them.

Pic 5 in the first post is another accident waiting to claim the life of the unsuspecting.
The others were lower level offenses, but show a lack of either training or caring, or both.

Tiny

just not right

Dropped off The 200 hydro and pulled out in the street to park the truck and saw this a galion picker , load on the hook swung over the side and only the front outriggers down . Also the guys on the roof are not tied off
no riggers a.jpg
no riggers  2.jpg

Last edited:

Tiny

Went back later to pickup the 200 and they were still at it .

Attachments

• riggers 3.jpg
    riggers 3.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 1,379
  • riggers 4.jpg
    riggers 4.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 1,385

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Yep, they is crazy people everywhere.

No Atco accidents waiting to happen,then OSHA, an employer defending himself............................

heavylift

post #7
You need fall protection in a man basket lift also....
plus they don't have safety vests on either...
ladder doesn't appear to be tied off...
Ladder may not be 3 feet above the edge...
a hardhat

Coondog

Your right tiny, these are all things that could get someone hurt badly or killed. But the biggest problem here is just common sense, which ain't that common. The guys under the crane boom need a serious talking to. This is a pretty dumb move on 7 parts or however many of them there are. Amazing out of all those individuals that no one can see this, or maybe the boss put all the suicidals on one crew. They could put anything under that boom to block it up, loader bucket or just something. Perhaps the stand that's made for it.

On the other hand, dangerous conditions exist everywhere and that's just that. It does mean that somebody just said well that's good enough necessarily, some conditions just exist. I get very frustrated with the constant enforcing and litigation of safety procedures and proper handling techniques and safe guards. I know atco can hear me, because of his line of work, that there is a point and time when you just gotta stop ****ing around do a job. Try to avoid fatal danger, grab your nuts and sack up and pull on the cheater pipe or light the starting fluid to get that tire on the rim so work can get done.

I believe our economy sucks because we stand around and think about ways to make things more complicated by thinking about an easier or safer way rather than just taking care of the task in front of us by using our muscles and brains in unison. I own a rock quarry that is governed by MSHA and I had a recent inspecton. Seriously, sometimes it is like a direct accusal that all personnel on the mine site are simply toddlers and cannot think for themselves. I had a fantastic inspection with zero citations, Which sucks because I will probably get a special inspection now from the district investigation team because they believe under no circumstances can a mine site have no citeable conditions. All my stuff is in line, but while observing some conveyor belt splicing a board with a nail flipped over pointy side up. It was quickly corrected and all of the sudden we are preached at about the dangers of boards with nails in them. Perhaps my recent inspection has put on edge. But none the less, this is the direction we are headed so we must adhere to the rules or business is no longer affordable.

truckdoctor

Occupation
mechanic
MSHA has become the gistapo since they had their financing taken away. The seem to make up new rules every week to fine you with. I agree with Coondog, be safe but don't be hamstrung by the rules. By OSHA standards you can't ride the hook to get to the location of a pick. But I know a tree trimming company in the area that has wavier from OSHA saying it is o.k. to ride the hook for topping trees. They tried to use a man basket to set the cutter in the tree to be topped but they found that they put the cutter in more danger by using a man basket versus riding the hook. The rules can be changed if necessary.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
This country has become so damn obsessed with safety glasses, hard hats, reflective vests, steel toed shoes, ear plugs, flashing lights and the like it is insane. Ever think that maybe the manufacturers of this stuff have their lobbiests pushing money to the legislaturers to write this stuff into law. Ran across a thing about four years ago where all of the safety vests had to be changed even though only a year old because of new specifactions recommended by guess who, the manufacturers. Follow the money chain guys. Our misguided idiot elected officals at work here.