• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Link belt 8030

crane operator

That's a old greer system. Here's the manual on it, I've had good support from CraneWarningSystems, and Basil Equipment.

I'd look first if you are getting power into the unit. If you are getting power into the unit, then its usually a board issue if it won't fire up. I know the old display's are getting hard to get parts for, you may have to upgrade to a new screen, and hopefully not replace the whole system.

Jim dwyer

Thanks for the info looks like we are going to have to upgrade to something more modern

crane operator

I've gotten my last two screens from the cranewarningsystems people. But if you find someone else who really knows what they are doing, I'm always looking for alternatives.

Before I threw in the towel on the old screen, I would see if you can find a good electrical board repair person. Sometimes its just a fuse or diode burnt out on the board, and a good electrical guy can fix that.

Jim dwyer

Thanks crane operator I was just on the phone with an electrical guy He is planning on stopping by tomorrow for a look. My only concern is am I just putting off the inevitable. Even if I want to sell it and buy a little newer it will have to have some sort of LMI

Jim dwyer

Actually the machine it self is in good condition not to many hours and right now not much around in my price range I will have to see I guess

crane operator

If the machine works for your operation, then fixing the LMI is still cheaper than different crane. I thought you thinking of selling it, which makes a new LMI hard $$$ to get back in the sales price. i.e. a $40,000 crane is still a $40,000 crane, whether or not you just spent $15,000 putting a new LMI in it.

CraneMechanic73

Never hurts to call crane warning and get a quote. Currently doing a LSI upgrade on a shuttle lift. Load cell, ATB, boom reel and display for about 9,000. I’d be shocked if a 500 series microguard and a 510 display were much more than that. But who know?

Jim dwyer

That’s the number without the reel and cables. I’m mulling it over not sure which way to go

dwightr

We put a rayco wylie in our 8665 about a year ago.
It was around $25000 but well worth it
My only real complaint is its very slow to power up and go thru its self test so we have to leave the engine running a lot more than we did before

Jim dwyer

Thanks for the opinion even though our crane is on the older side I think i will upgrade the system to something more modern.