• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Link Belt 130 question.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Hello all,

I haven’t been around the HEF much this summer. Summer in Alaska is a rush to get things done. Link Belt 130, serial number K1J2-6352. Approx 20,000 hrs. Machine is remote, have not put my hands on it, yet. Customer complaint is low hydraulic power, filters show metal and oil sample report shows high particle count and lots of iron. Not sure about other elements. Conversationally.

I believe the pump is making metal.
I’m not much of a Link Belt guy. What am I dealing with? Who’s pump is this and where is the best place to purchase a replacement?

As you see, the grey paint is covering up a portion of the manufacture. I don’t recognize it.

Go with Triad in Seattle, or perhaps you have a better suggestion for a vendor?

Of course, it’s going to be a helluva contaminated mess to clean up. Not sure if it’s worth fixing. They ran it until the boom wouldn’t lift and the tracks barely move. Trying to create a rough estimate.

Thanks for your input.

2B461902-D1D9-41B9-B55C-F08D0A2E0DE9.jpeg

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I believe that is a Uchida-RexRoth. Link-Belt / Case / Sumitomo uses those pumps on the larger machines or Kawasaki on the smaller machines. Triad usually only wants to sell new stuff at a really high price. You might call Hydraulic Repair and Design in Puyallup. They used to sell stuff made in other places but the quality sometimes was poor.

http://hydraulicrepair.net

Coaldust

Occupation
Interesting update. Hydraulic Repair & Design has a sole supplier reman contract with Link Belt Exchange -LBX for Uchida-Rexroth.

John C.

Occupation
I guess that doesn't surprise me. They have been doing the fake rebuilds on those pumps for years. Hopefully they can adjust the top end of performance on a dyno now but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Coaldust

Occupation
John,
Do you have any other suggestions for a pump shop in the PNW?

But, chatting with Hyd Repair & Design today, parts availability for that particular pump is sketchy at the moment.

John C.

Occupation
For the most part anymore I only recommend the machine dealers and their new units. The problems with the aftermarket is that they don't have the capability to properly set up the controls on the pumps. When they get done with them the pumps are usually slow. That's because they don't have enough horsepower to drive the pumps at maximum settings. I only know of one dealer that has the capability to rebuild pumps and I won't recommend their exchanges either. Warranty is the name of the game and the aftermarket people just won't honor them. They will claim that something wasn't done properly when the pump was installed and hang up the phone.