• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Liebherr Track Loader

bull

Anyone know anything about a Liebherr 631B (good, bad, ugly) or where I could find any specs or manuals for it?

Thanks much.

RayNarron

I ran one until the splitter box detonated. It was easy to operate and fun too without the computer worries. Parts are getting harder to find and to justify cost to worth of the loader. We are trying to sell our 1986 631b for $7500 complete minus the box. We bought a 632 to replace it and the Liebherr diesel is a beast. The joy stick controls are great compared to foot controls. If you scroll around Google you can find the specs on it.

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
we have owned about 10 liebherr track loaders all between 1985 and 1996 models, they are good and easy to work on as far as i'm concerned, but the 631 is my least favorite, in the 2 smaller models they will push as good as cat of the same age and size but a 631 won't keep up with any 963 on power or speed. still for the right price and if you aren't running it everyday it would be a fine machine.

Tn Bulldog

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/ Truck driver
My Grandfather that raised me He bought a 621B w/ 4in1 bucket Back in the late 80's (bout 87 or 88) & operated it till the late 90's . overall it was a good machine . What sold him on Liebherr was a couple of buddies of his that he sub contracted for a lot . 1 had a 942 Liebherr excavator the other had a 631B Loader & a 721B Dozer .

The Mercedes diesel was a beast of a motor . & the 621B Pop had would load our trucks (& others ) w/ dirt as quick as the 943 & 953 Cats. & pop cleared a lot of rightaways & land for subdivisions & stripmalls w/ the 621 & 721 1 Thing I liked was the joystick controls back then I was a teenager & when I had to operate any crawler loader or dozer w/ a powershift & hand clutches or foot peadels I raised 10 kinds of hell cause I didn't want to give up the Liebherr.

pop also had a 721B Dozer I liked it better than the 850D Case he had before .

Got a buddy who operates nothing but the German machine in his business . he has a 632 loader a 732 dozer & 932 Excavator . he told me pop was the 1 who sold him on Liebherr years ago when worked for pop .

& he also says the parts are getting hard to find for the older machines .

just my 2 cents

Have a good one

Mack

bull

Any ideas on where to get parts or manuals? Anybody know of a salvage yard that might have parts? Thanks