• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

liebherr pr712 m

gunracer1

i have a liebherr PR 712 M. the computer has a burnt spot on the board. it runs like a top, blade functions like it should and the under carriage is all but 100 percent. but now it wont move. as y'all know parts are a pain to get. so i was wondering has anyone ever converted one over to manual operations. i was thinking a rheostat to each drive pump and just use it like that. anyone heard of anything like this?
and i have emailed a place in Poland with a computer to see if i can get out easy. i'm just thinking out side the box. as in worst case.

BillG

Do you have a schematic for the machine? If yes then find a hacker group (not what you may think), these folks have interests spanning many different hobbies. Take the computer and the schematic to one of them and see what they can do. Generally speaking as long the main processor or support chips haven't failed these boards are usually fixable.

Most burn spots and traces can be repaired and whatever component failed can usually be sourced. If the main rom (machine specific parameters) has failed then the problem is a bit tougher. Most machine controllers are buffered from the outside world pretty well so it is usually a transistor or a diode or a resistor that fails.

If an asic (application specific integrated circuit) fails then it is usually unrepairable as it is generally not supplied to technicians. By looking at the machine schematic a good electronics technician can look at the failed devices on the board, and have you check to make sure an external problem didn't initiate the damage to begin with. Good luck

BillG

I've repaired much worse damage than that on unobtainium boards. These require more work to remove the conformal coating to get down to the board and components but it's still doable.

gunracer1

my buddy found a wire that was not hooked up to anything. it took me a while to find it on the diagrams and it looked to be hooked up to a relay. he hooked it to power and let the magic smoke out of the computer.
the dozer only drove on the right side the left side was dead.

BillG

That's why it is important to have a schematic of the machine. Components external to the control computer can be checked for correct resistance and proper polarity before power is applied.

Jonas302

goggle circuit board repair and start making calls to see who can handle it

CDUB

I know it's not helpful, but I can't imagine what is so wrong with a mechanical linkage that a machine requires a $9000 computer to control the transmission. Mind boggling! I really think we are taking giant leaps backward and calling it progress.