• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets see your "ultimate" service truck!

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
1986 Kenworth W900B. Dual exhaust, air cleaners, aluminum wheels. Everything you need, or can think of, as far as a sevice truck goes. Needs a little TLC, and a paint job is all. A little pinstriping and some polish.

Sorry for the lousy scan,pics arent very clear..........

Attachments

• 2-28-2010 3;52;33 PMa.jpg
    2-28-2010 3;52;33 PMa.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 9,459
  • 2-28-2010 3;52;33 PM.jpg
    2-28-2010 3;52;33 PM.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9,290

Drifter

Wow some of you guys have some nice rigs here is the one I run.

Attachments

• PA300266.jpg
    PA300266.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 9,246

soothappens

1986 Kenworth W900B. Dual exhaust, air cleaners, aluminum wheels. Everything you need, or can think of, as far as a sevice truck goes. Needs a little TLC, and a paint job is all. A little pinstriping and some polish.

Sorry for the lousy scan,pics arent very clear..........

I showed the wife .....she said good god its a full size rig what do you do with something that big.

Answer: ANYTHING YOU NEED TO !!!!!

Puts my F700 and autocrane to shame !!

Nice truck ! A rolling fully equipped shop. What kind of crane ?? R/O or pitman ?

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
This Still is not my "ultimate " service truck but it is the nicest I've had in 25 yrs of field work

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 9,077

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Whats the point of the extra cab?

That's the techs office. Extra cab is nice. Place to keep manuals, all your paperwork and logs, files, etc. I used to drive a service truck with extra cab, found it so much more useful than a cramped single cab. Freedom to move around a bit. :yup

STC73

379 American class, 250"WB. Took off sleeper and installed factory unibuilt back window.This box was custom made for us, but the builder was too slow so I had to finish most myself. It has 800 gal fuel, 3-35gal oil tanks, 1-35gal antifreeze, and 150gal water tank for built in AC power washer and fire protection hose. It has a Bobcat 250 Diesel welder/batt charger. The reels are mostly 100ft COX, but a couple are Hannay 50gal/min fuel reel and a power washer reel. It has 8" bullcut stacks/Auto crane/ac compresser/rear air for dolly/rear hydrulics hookups/pintal and receiver hitch. I made all shelfs,tanks,doors, and finished all welds, mounted crane, and wired. The box was just a shell when I got it. Painted and tons more. This truck supports 4 combines and support equipment. Its my dream truck and I'm still out of room. lol

Awesome truck!!! I dig it, you have more pictures of it.....

Deere John

Occupation
Professional Forester
Instead of costly 4x4 on a service truck, has anyone seen or driven one with central tire inflation to lower the pressure on the rear axle?

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
Here is our new baby Jus got it custom made last year but it's all inclosed to keep the snow out!
sorry this is the only picture i got rite now , Kinda sucks cause the picker on the back is pritty cool.

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8,438

02Dmax

Instead of costly 4x4 on a service truck, has anyone seen or driven one with central tire inflation to lower the pressure on the rear axle?

I've got it on mine and makes a big difference. But I've also got locking diff, automatic chains, and floater front tires. I get around great.

FSERVICE

PACattech

what brand bed is that on your kenworth? the ex cab is a great option to have

Drifter

How does the 6.7 TD run ? Do you do any extended Ideling ?

The 6.7 has been good. Lots of power better fuel economy then the 6.4 powerstroke. Parts are hard to get Sterlling dealerships and the local Dodge dealer ships dont stock much. The truck idles lots and so far no DPF problems.

N.B.CONCRETE

Occupation
OWNER
The 6.7 has been good. Lots of power better fuel economy then the 6.4 powerstroke. Parts are hard to get Sterlling dealerships and the local Dodge dealer ships dont stock much. The truck idles lots and so far no DPF problems.

Thanks. The fuel economy is not great on the F-550 , but amazingly so far its only had minor brake issues on the rear .

You got a VMAC or what ?

Drifter

No VMac unfortunately. I have on of these in the truck. http://www.airworkscompressors.com/

Cant say I am all that impressed with it. Doesnt put out as much air as a VMAC. It is really loud. Another engine to change oil and filters on. It takes up a big amount of space in the back of the truck, need air to keep from over heating which means you cant stake **** around it. The reason they went with this is to save fuel but the alternator on the compressor is to small to keep up with the crane and work lights. Did I mention it is really loud?!?!?