• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lets Play "the Price is Rite"

CAT D8 N

Hi all,

I just bought a Dynapack roller and a Bobcat from a WWA auction and wanted to show them to you and see how much you would pay for them if you needed to buy them so lets start the bidding... :) I know that you would need to check them and have close look at em.. but just through in a bid hi and low....

1- 1998 Dynapac CA25 Vibratory Roller Pics bellow;
Dynapac Roller.jpg

Dynapac Roller 2.jpg

Dynapac Roller 3.jpg

2- 2007 Bobcat S175 Skid Steer Loader

Attachments

• Bobcat.jpg
    Bobcat.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 613
  • Bobcat 2007.jpg
    Bobcat 2007.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 618
Last edited by a moderator:

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Over here bobcats, and skidsteers in general hold there money well! converting what id say about £12,000 Thats Pound sterling at todays rate about $19,850

That would be about trade sale Here, Give or take!

CAT D8 N

Over here bobcats, and skidsteers in general hold there money well! converting what id say about £12,000 Thats Pound sterling at todays rate about $19,850

That would be about trade sale Here, Give or take!

You just made me a profit there... thanks

How about the Dynapac Roller?? any price??

CAT D8 N

Hay did I mention that I found half a corps in the roller gaurd... you can see it hanging out in the first pic?? looooooool

I actualy found a shirt tangled inside the guard and had bit of a tuga of war to get it out.

Last edited:

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Oops so i cant spell the saudi currency very well, I have some dinar somewhere left over from my stay in bahrain. Never made it to Saudi though, In fact I was told not to go there. I just looked on machinery trader and I guessed high on the roller, maybe 20k, though there is alot of chineese ones for sale in the 12k range.

Last edited:

CAT D8 N

Oops so i cant spell the saudi currency very well, I have some dinar somewhere left over from my stay in bahrain. Never made it to Saudi though, In fact I was told not to go there. I just looked on machinery trader and I guessed high on the roller, maybe 20k, though there is alot of chineese ones for sale in the 12k range.

You got Dinars... woow that heavy stuff. you know one Dinar is about 3 Bucks.
Saudi is nota as bad as many people portray it to be, actualy there many butifull places in the kingdom to see. I am engaged in building a huge Shrimp farm on the west coast of Saudi on the red sea and its breath taking.

Did you say chineese Dynapac?? is there any? Well the one I bought had some Chineese or Japaneese writing on the engine but dont know what it was about... whats your thoughts?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
For the roller $9500-11,000 and the Bobcat $13,500-15,000.

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
CATD8N

looks like a good deal, the Roller in the second picture is XCMG branded roller if we look at the Logo in the machine. I know XCMG and Dynapac has cooperated in the 1980s, but how could the logo appear?

Attachments

• XCMG.jpg
    XCMG.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 315
  • XCMG roller.jpg
    XCMG roller.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 313

CAT D8 N

CATD8N

looks like a good deal, the Roller in the second picture is XCMG branded roller if we look at the Logo in the machine. I know XCMG and Dynapac has cooperated in the 1980s, but how could the logo appear?

Well I bought the Roller under the impresiion that it was a Dynapac and both pictures are for the same piece of equip.

Was I had by buying a XCMG for a price of the Dynapac?? I paide U$ 14K for it and they said it was a 1998 Dynapac

devils2619

Banned
sorry dumb question... Do all compactors of that size/type vibrate as they move? Or is it just weight from the front roller?

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
sorry dumb question... Do all compactors of that size/type vibrate as they move? Or is it just weight from the front roller?

Its not a dumb question if you dont know the answer.

Generally the ones that I have encountered have a switch to make them vibrate when you want it. So you can drive it as a dead weight or switch on the vibes. Many have two positions to give you bigger slower vibes or faster less agressive vibes. :drinkup

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
As to the question on the vibratory rollers I would say from experience that smooth drum soil compactors will now days all have the vibrate function. The rollers themselves don't have much weight so to achieve deep compaction the vibrate function is necessary. The rollers used to be rated by amplitude, which is how hard the machine pounds the ground, and frequency, which is how fast the machine vibrates. The usual type has a single frequency but I have seen multiple frequency and variable frequency units.

The value of your iron is dependant on where it is located for the most part. I didn't see where this auction was located but if I look at the iron in relation to auctions in the United States the roller would not bring much money at all. It would be a gray market unit that is not popular and has little if no support by an established dealer network. Parts to repair it might not exist in this country. A knowledgeable buyer in the states might risk as much as $7,500 on it in an auction if it is fully operational. A dealer working a trade would politely decline to consider it at all.

The skidsteer market in the United States right now is absolutely flooded with mulitple manufacturers and far too many machines. I view that market as about the same as cattle with out the benefit of meat, they are almost a comodity now. I could find many used skid steers on dealer lots for $15,000 knowing they would accept less. You could probably cut that figure in half and work up or down some when you go to the auctions.

I have been hearing that there is a big market going on now in the middle east for parts machines and older used iron. Those markets may currently bring higher selling prices. At any rate the primary way any machine makes money is through using it. What you paid for yours will make little difference if you get enough use out of each to make a profit.

Good Luck!

CAT D8 N

Well thas actualy not a dumb question... and I am not the best guy to answer.. but from what I know they roll and compact and they roll and vibrate to compact and they roll and have a dual vibration on some rollers to do the best compact.... correct me if I'm wrong guys and gals...

CAT D8 N

As to the question on the vibratory rollers I would say from experience that smooth drum soil compactors will now days all have the vibrate function. The rollers themselves don't have much weight so to achieve deep compaction the vibrate function is necessary. The rollers used to be rated by amplitude, which is how hard the machine pounds the ground, and frequency, which is how fast the machine vibrates. The usual type has a single frequency but I have seen multiple frequency and variable frequency units.

The value of your iron is dependant on where it is located for the most part. I didn't see where this auction was located but if I look at the iron in relation to auctions in the United States the roller would not bring much money at all. It would be a gray market unit that is not popular and has little if no support by an established dealer network. Parts to repair it might not exist in this country. A knowledgeable buyer in the states might risk as much as $7,500 on it in an auction if it is fully operational. A dealer working a trade would politely decline to consider it at all.

The skidsteer market in the United States right now is absolutely flooded with mulitple manufacturers and far too many machines. I view that market as about the same as cattle with out the benefit of meat, they are almost a comodity now. I could find many used skid steers on dealer lots for $15,000 knowing they would accept less. You could probably cut that figure in half and work up or down some when you go to the auctions.

I have been hearing that there is a big market going on now in the middle east for parts machines and older used iron. Those markets may currently bring higher selling prices. At any rate the primary way any machine makes money is through using it. What you paid for yours will make little difference if you get enough use out of each to make a profit.

Good Luck!

You said it all.... thank you for your wise and insightfull comment... :thumbsup

CAT D8 N

CATD8N

Thanks for the info you just saved me a huge headache. I actualy collapsed the deal due to false info provided by the auctioneer..