• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lemon'$ (Dodge) Dealership$ and the WTF? Module

fixou812

Occupation
Millwright Equipment Mechanic Welder
I came across an informative site that may interest you guys!
It's called Auto Recalls for Consumers ARFC.org
Be advised some of the posts are multiples but just click the little numbers
1 thru 99 at the top or bottom. It gets real Good?
Or Google; Dodge Avenger 2012 TIPM totally intrigated power module.
Talk about Dealer$hip nightmares and spooky problems Geesh!

lantraxco

Yawn.... you drive what you like, I'll drive what I like, I'll route your opinion through the proper channels... one flush usually does it. :cool:

partsandservice

I am always up for a Ford truck vs. any other kind of truck discussion, and to a fault. I have had a hard time defending the 6.0 and 6.4. People have said, "If that fords so good, why is it every time I come up here the cab is off it. Well, this thing is so bad*** i cant keep my foot out it. Went and looked at a new Ford Superduty the other day, 62K What!!!. i imaging the dodges of comparable trim and diesel are about the same. Keep in mind that inflation is a figment of your imagination. No more new trucks for me.

lantraxco

Nope, when you add in having to carry jugs of pig urine around to keep these new ones out of limp mode, I'll never buy a new diesel for sure. Maybe an 04 Dodge dually, low mileage, one owner? A little love and maintenance it will last either until I'm gone or diesel is, LOL

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
Year 2000 is as new as I'm willing to go on any vehicle. Yes, I would like built in Bluetooth but, no, I don't want "traction control" that has slower reaction time than I do. Or any of the other useless technology.
Like, …why is an electronic gas pedal better ? You can't fix it with pliers; you have to buy a whole new one.

Last edited:

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
I'm not a fan of any electronic controlled diesel especially when they add all that emission crap, my service pig is powered by a 7.3 powerjoke, which has been very reliable but any direct injected engine that still requires glow plugs to start at 0*C is a joke! My pickup is a 97 Cummins (uncorked :cool2) with a nv5600 behind it, not a fan of the wrapper but someday i'll find a nice low mile loaded 03-07 F350 with a popped 6.0 and swap in the 12v, 6 speed combo :D

Last edited:

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Nope, when you add in having to carry jugs of pig urine around to keep these new ones out of limp mode, I'll never buy a new diesel for sure. Maybe an 04 Dodge dually, low mileage, one owner? A little love and maintenance it will last either until I'm gone or diesel is, LOL

The 05's were still good also :)

But I'm with you on the new garbage out there.

lantraxco

I forget the exact year, what I want is the diesel dually, 4X4, six speed, quad cab new enough to have the real rear doors and old enough you still have to shift the lever to engage the front axle. There's a narrow window there, LOL. :rolleyes:

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
They'd have to offer it in something other than Dear John green and yellow....
Naw.. JD fanatics will by anything with the flying deer logo....to go
along with their "green & yellow underwear".
I hear the dealerships carry them in convenient 3 packs....:D

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Boy, that is for sure. My uncle was a JD tractor mechanic for 25 years. He had access to JD green and yellow paint, cheap. So, he repainted his 85 Ford pickup JD green, with yellow wheels. That was one UGLY truck after that. JD colors look good on farm machinery, but on cars and trucks, not good at all.
Jeff

They'd have to offer it in something other than Dear John green and yellow....

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Boy, that is for sure. My uncle was a JD tractor mechanic for 25 years. He had access to JD green and yellow paint, cheap. So, he repainted his 85 Ford pickup JD green, with yellow wheels. That was one UGLY truck after that. JD colors look good on farm machinery, but on cars and trucks, not good at all.
Jeff

John Deere engines were used in about 1987 for a few years in Class A motorhomes. They were not on the market to long. There selling point was that they were slim enough that the doghouse was narrow enough to let the front seats turn around without raising them way up in the old 8' wide carriages. They were not very strong on power and when laws allowed the chassis's to go to 8'-6" they quit using them.

fixou812

Occupation
Disclaimer; I don't own a Dodge it's the little women's boys car.
Read there was a recall one some for safety issues. ....lights. ...
and brake lights are safety items. All lightning ....and power
run thru the TIPM module.
It went to the dealer today.

fixou812

Occupation
I had found out that this had recall thru that site. ....# N38 for the TIPM
Although all wer'nt notified? ... parking lights and others such issues.
.....air bag light is on....ok it might be fixed. ...if it comes back on we'll have to change the headrest.
Motor starts on its own? Well that could be hard on fuel.
Can't turn the wipers off without disconnecting the battery?
These are just some of the TIPM posts i read.
I would imagine some of the trucks have a TIPM module too.

fixou812

Occupation
Well it's at the dealer. Mom called today. ....they said the had it hooked to the computer for an hour
and that they don't know what's wrong with it. ....said. ....."it may be a wiring problem "
2 Year old Dodge Avenger. ....How's your TIPM?

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Hey fixou812, when I see the wipers acting up on a dodge I usually suspect moisture in the tipm... but I have also seen water get into the actual plug that goes into the modules... it gets in between the silicone gasket and where the wires terminate to pins and causes all kinds of havoc!! have seen this in ford expeditions too where they have the bcm mounted beneath the windshield that always leaks.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Dodge has a new recall having to do with electronics,one of the complaints is the air bag fires without warning.My newest Dodge is a '95 1500 but it will always be a Dodge car /truck whatever.I like anything that is standardized and old enough to get my parts at the bone yard.Ron G