• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Land Clearing Project

Metalman 55

D6C Brush Rake .jpg

Here is a copy of my assembly drawing. 8" Sq x .500 wall Hss for the cross tube. Tynes were just cut from 2" Mild Steel. No real wear on mine yet. I have in mind to tip my rake teeth with some AR mat'l when I notice some wear beginning.

cannuck

Thanks.

I got a killer deal on some teeth and adapters from my favourite non-Cat independent. They had sat on the shelf for decades, so it was just short of a giveawy (plus I got a spare set of teeth). That will take care of the tips (if the rocks don't destroy the teeth and/or adapters. I was tempted to curve the face of the tynes, but that would make it tough to weld on a hard, round wear bar if it is needed. Have been struggling with using the square beam loaded in torsion or just move it up a little and make longer tynes that get pushed by the cutting edge loading the square in bending. Also thinking of taking the side loads out with tabs that push on the blade edge, eliminating need for any bracing on the two long tynes. I already have a pair of 2" eyes on the top of the blade face, 9' apart, so that is easy.