• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Lampsons yard in Kennewick, WA

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I went and did a drive thru of Lampsons yard this morning and took some pics. Im not a cranne guy by any means, but thought you guys might like the pictures.
012.jpg

013.jpg

024.jpg

016.jpg

022.jpg

liebherr1160

Occupation
Crane Operator
Always a treat to see the Lampson blue...

Even better to see the LTL's upright and not laying in a heap on the ground ..Don't get me wrong ..great lifting machines..but they are going the way of the dinosaur...But the shear enormity of these units makes a guy feel small

Three dynamic compaction machines ..very nice ..hadn't seen many pictures of these ..would be a treat to run ..its not everyday an operator gets to haul 15ton up a 100ft and just let it loose ..on purpose :D..

Go ahead post them all ..paint the forum blue !!!:drinkup:D

jhschul287

Lampson did dynamic compaction for a project I was on in San Diego in'97 -'98 . I believe they compacted 11 acres of new waterfront for us. 30K hitting the ground sure makes a nice thump....:D

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
it is strange seeing the newer hydro cranes in their yard.

Furthur

how do you tell the dynamic cranes from a reg lattice boom?
and are all those counterweights about 72k# each?...if so thats alotta ballast!

Dewoc19

the ballast is controlled by a 2nd operator that sits in a cab in the back, one operator controls the front and another controls the back