• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KX161-3 Kubota travel motor

excavator

I have a customer looking at a KX 161-3 Kubota that has one travel motor which stops working when hot. Does anyone know the case drain specs? I have a service manual for both the -2 and -3 machines but neither one lists an acceptable amount. The chart is there in each manual but it is left blank. Thanks in advance.

Bob/Ont

I have a customer looking at a KX 161-3 Kubota that has one travel motor which stops working when hot. Does anyone know the case drain specs? I have a service manual for both the -2 and -3 machines but neither one lists an acceptable amount. The chart is there in each manual but it is left blank. Thanks in advance.

Just get a clean 5 gal pail and run case drain line into it for one min. Do both sides and compare the good one to the bad. It's best to jam the drive but you could lift the side being checked as you drive it.
Problem might be in the swivel.
Later Bob

Last edited: