• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota L35 tlb 3pt lift not lifting

The Peej

My little kubota L35 is not exactly Heavy Equipment but I didn't get any advice when I posted this on tractorbynet.com so I thought I'd try here.

The lift arms on my L-35 won't move. with nothing hooked up they don't even try, I can move them by hand but nothing on there own. I have the diverter pulled out in the 3pt position and they don't move I tried it in the backhoe position and no difference. I checked all the linkage and everything appears correct., nothing is bent. I checked the diverter valve and confirmed it's rotating fully stop to stop.

A little history, I bought the machine this spring from a friend who bought it new. When I got it the relief valve on the backhoe had rusted out and was leaking. It would not drive until I added 5 gallons of oil now everything works as and shifts as it should. I don't think he ever had the backhoe off, the latches were frozen and needed heat from a torch to release. I bought the 3pt hitch kit and would like to start using it.

Any advice on where to start? Should I pull apart the diverter valve in inspect it?

hosspuller

Some thoughts … The 3 point works from the tractor hydraulics. Do you have flow & pressure to the FEL?

Is the 3point control working?

Is the diverter valve assembled correctly and in the correct position? It must seal and direct flow. If the ports and seals aren't correct, you won't get flow to the 3 point circuit.

milkie62

Not for nothing but do you have a knob under the seat ? My old DT305 3 point would not work and I tried everything.Then I noticed that knob and turned it a tad since I did not know what it was for. 3 point worked again.Apparently it is for the down ward speed and it was on the hairy edge of being closed.

The Peej

Update, I brought it to the dealer last week and just heard back from them. Somehow the piston became disconnected and has been riding on the ring gear. They need to open up the rear end to see the extent of the damage. Not the easy fix I was hoping for.