• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KUBOTA KX 121 Owners !

SidewinderGlenn

Occupation
IUOE #132
You guys that have one of these machines may want to pull the rubber floor mat ... pull the steel floor plate (Just lifts out on my new 121-3) & look down in on the far side of the floor ... at the hydraulic swivel head. (where all of your lower car hoses route thru {track motors, blade hoses**)
You are looking for the "Stay Bar" that keeps this swivel from rotating. It has about a 3 inch "C" on top of the swivel head with 3 bolts down into the swivel. It then bends down about 6 or 8 inches to the base plate & sets in a notch. This bar with a "C" made to the upper end of it is what keeps your swivel stationary & if it breaks it will twist all of the hoses up & break them. A friend of mine that bought his new KX 121 about a year ago had this happen to his about a month ago. Kubota paid to have it fixed (under warrantee) & gave him ... what was supposed to be a new improved updated "Stay Bar". It broke again last week & ate all the hoses again. This is a lot of hose work with the 6 way blade & drive motors.
The 3 bolt holes in the "C" broke out both times.
In Kubota's defense ... they just brought him a brandy new KX 040 in lieu of his 121. (Kubota's new replacement for the KX 121)

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
thank's I will have to check mine