• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota KH 151 excavator.

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
Nee to get some help with steel tracks on my KH151. Trying to split the join link but cannot get the pin out, im using a 5pound sledge hammer and a piece of solid round rod to drive out the pin but it wont play ball. Does anyone on the forum have one of these machines ? I need to know if the pinon the inside of the track has a T head that sits un a groove on the inside of the joint link, as mine has, I don't want to use the oxy saw on it if I cant get a new one.:confused:

lantraxco

Are you backing the inside link up with something solid? That little machine it shouldn't put up a fight.....

lantraxco

They spring and the pin binds because of the angle. See if you cant get some blocking in behind it, usually I like to get the master on the sprocket somewhere and put a jack or some such between a frame member and the inside link? Or on the idler and use the blade arm for backing.

tylermckee

They spring and the pin binds because of the angle. See if you cant get some blocking in behind it, usually I like to get the master on the sprocket somewhere and put a jack or some such between a frame member and the inside link? Or on the idler and use the blade arm for backing.

What he said, get any bounce and/or binding out of it, and a bigger hammer. Attach a 3-4' handle to your round rod and get someone to hold it so you can use an 8lb sledge