• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota K008 Slew Ring

ih100

Anyone on here changed out the slew ring on one of these dessert spoons? How long a job is it, are there any special tools, and any pitfalls?

Thanks,
IH100

AirBornOne

IH100,
There are a few threads showing some slew ring work on the big machines in the big machine forums.Quite a job.
Have fun.And take pictures.
J

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Unfortunately I didn't get to wear it out, the machine was like it when I bought it. That's why I got it so reasonable.
All of the work, none of the fun... B-\ I had to go through the same thing rebuilding my Takeuchi, trial by fire. On the bright side, all of the parts are still available from Kubota, if it was an older Takeuchi you might be in trouble...

ih100

All of the work, none of the fun... B-\ I had to go through the same thing rebuilding my Takeuchi, trial by fire. On the bright side, all of the parts are still available from Kubota, if it was an older Takeuchi you might be in trouble...

That's what I heard. I almost bought a tak, until I heard that parts are hard to get. I think Kubota are like Cat...no orphan machines (if you can afford the bits)

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Yea, the Tak model of machine support for ten years just wasn't viable for me. When I bought my Takeuchi TB25 I just assumed that it would be like my Kubota, and I would just order the parts...... Unfortunatly, the parts were listed as NLA.... B-( I've never had that problem with Kubota.