• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kubota 90-2

ditch digger

What's your opinion on one of these Kubota SVL90 – 2? I put a few hours demo time on one of these today Seems to be a real smooth machine so far.
We currently are running Case 450CT s.
I also demoed the Case 320 but Think I like the Comoda better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 4,554
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 3,471

Tags

Funny, I was going to post the same question. I am going to demo one next week and have had great luck wit all the other Kubota products I've had. I'm trying to decide between the Kubota 90 or a Takeuchi TL10. I think the Kubota is a bit cheaper than the tak and has better financing as well and the kubota dealer is closer to me. I have heard that the one annoying thing the Kubota does is slow way down when lowering the loader arms, don't know if this is true but it sounds like an irritating thing. I may be demoing one next week.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I ran a Kubota 75 up against a CASE 270 and I felt the CASE was clearly a better machine. Guess everyone has different criteria. I have really been liking the TR320. Very comfortable and more power than what you can use.

Last edited:

pickles

we have a Kubota SVL90 and the machine is a tank! will push through a tandem load of 3/4 road base no problem! i have a couple pics of the machine and some of the attachments we run on it under parfitt excavating in the showtime thread.

05rammer

My work has a Case TV380 with less than 900hrs and the 2 speed intermitingly works, it spits hydrolic oil out the cap when on a slope, has no power to turn on a slope, and can't see anything out the windsheild because of the goofy little window thing. Just thought I'd give you some insite on case to maybe help make your decision.

Tags

It went great. I ended up buying the machine I demoed and have been very happy with it so far. The visibility out of the cab is great, the roll up window/door is one of the best things and I'm not sure why mor manufacturers have not gone to this set up. It pushes through a pile well, has good bucket break out force when digging out of a pile, and effortlessly fills the bucket. There was a slight learning curve to running it compared to my old 287B, the power comes on differently, but after running it now for 100 or so hours I am very efficient with it. The serviceability of it seems good, the oil filter is not as easy to get to as I'd like, but it is way more accessible to get to parts and hydraulic lines than the Cat was. I'm not crazy about the block type tracks either, I'd rather have a bar style as it doesn't impact lawn areas as much. I got it with an 80" 4n1 bucket witch has a Kubota tag on it, but it's just a Bradco bucket, it is a nice heavy bucket, but my only complaint is that it is equipped with tiny hydraulic lines and fittings so the jaw function is slow, I will eventually put larger lines on it but its annoying to have to do that.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Looks like it has similar linkage to my CAT 257B. Seems like everyone does it differently.

Keep us posted on that unit. I have often wondered what they were like. They would be my dealer of choice local to me. My 257B is going to have to go eventually.

Ken

HRPLandServices

I have a svl 90 pre emission. Its a beast, 500 hours on it and no complaints, nothing I can't do with the machine. We do a lot of grubbing, clearing, dirt work, tanks, and fencing. We throw a lot at it and been very pleased with it. Our first ctl.

dave esterns

the local dealer sells case terex and kubota and he says people are really liking the kubota. says they are releasing a wheeled machine in a year with hand foot controls. thats interesting. it seems the contractor people like the roll up door and famers don't. so i don't know what kubota is doing mixing hand foot controls with a rollup door cuz farmers who like hand foot won't like the door. and contractors who like iso won't like the hand foot but will like the door. but maybe they will offer the iso too. i kinda like the kubota machine and for some reason kubota has made a name for themselves… i don't think that came from the kubota engines in bobcats though which were notorious for overheating and cracking heads; which might have been a bobcat problem more than kubota but...