• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu skid steers

05rammer

Does anybody know anything about the ck30 or ck35. I know they don't make them anymore. I found one at what seems like a decent price, but don't know if they are worth looking at.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Matty180

I'd never used a komatsu skid but can imagine parts won't be cheap. They never are with komatsu. I thought about buying a komatsu mini ex back in the day. but stayed away because of bad resale and parts $$$$. went with takeuchi for mini ex and skid. Could not be happier.
Matt

05rammer

I'd like to get a Tak but can't find one in my price range, without a bunch of hours.

05rammer

Around $25,000. The Komatsu has cab and air with 1,900hrs

Matty180

That's a good budget. I don't know what size but you shouldn't have problem finding a tl230. For that kind of money. Where you located?

dirthog28

I've put quit a few hours on a CK35. They are a decent machine, push like a tank, good lift capabilities, Yanmar motor can't beat, we had 2 and put at least 3-4000 hours on each and other than a final drive no real problems. Quick attach handles are junk and break off all the time, bucket breakout isn't greatest and I never liked the feel of the joysticks with the response but you get used to it. All in all not a bad machine if you can get cheap.

Gearhead5

Dont be afraid of higher hour takeuchi skid steers Ive pesronally maintained several that made it over 10,000 hours till spun a bearing. In fact the ones getting a crank kit and going to live on. The earlier ones with isuzu engines seem to be hard to kill. We shouldve done rods and mains at 8,000 hours is all I wish we had changed.

05rammer

That's good to know about both machines. I was looking at some tl150s but was scared of how many hours they had