• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu Rubber Tired Backhoe--Quick Coupling

rshackleford

We had a California guy come to work for us. He talked us into buying his John Deer 410 backhoe. He has a KOMATSU QUICK COUPLING on it!!!

What the heck is that? Does anyone know anything about it? Does it cross over to anyone eleses buckets?

My goal is to find a plate compactor for it.

Thanks.

rshackleford

It doesn't look like anyone knows or cares about the Komatsu backhoe!!

Maybe a moderator could delete this thread and I will pose my question differently.

Tags

A picture would help "us" I D the thing, I didn't know komatsu even made quick couplers, it may be another manufacturers product with komatsus name on it.

Tinkerer

We had a California guy come to work for us. He talked us into buying his John Deer 410 backhoe. He has a KOMATSU QUICK COUPLING on it!!!

What the heck is that? Does anyone know anything about it? Does it cross over to anyone eleses buckets?

My goal is to find a plate compactor for it.

Thanks.

I have to ask; Why can't you ask the person you bought it from ?

rshackleford

I meant that literally know one cares about the Komatsu backhoe. They made them for short time and quickly stopped. They were a disaster. A failure. I have even had trouble getting pin data from the local dealer. I called several dealers and they all said they wished the WBs were never made!

As for the link to Komatsu quick couplers that link is for excavators not backhoes. This is a backhoe.

The previous backhoe owner didn't have any information. I did ask him first. What he did tell me was that he had one of the WBs and bought a bunch of buckets for it. When he got rid of the WB he kept the buckets and got a coupler that allowed his JD410 to pickup the Komatsu pin setup. I am guessing it may have been a custom made unit. Either way the quick coupler picks up WB pin patterns.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Just out of curiosity I looked on Machinery Trader as to WB series backhoes, Was at least two 140's with QD heads on them, one had a hook arrangement the other was similar to the excavator style previously shown. Did not take the time to scan thru all of the models but I suspect your QD head is shown in there and as such could have other buckets available. If it is a PITA to find buckets for then I would change to a more common style and give up on this one.