• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200LC-7B engine replacement advice

pineman

At 4300 hrs. my PC 200 decided to throw a rod thru the side of the block. The engine has not yet been removed to determine the cause. My question is has anyone had success with a re-manufactured/re-built engine from any company other than a Komatsu dealer? Thank you for any advice or suggestions you may offer.

Directional

I'm just in the process of getting a reman 4d95L for my PC75uu-2 right now, hopefully it goes good, the reman carries a 6 month warranty.

ktl dig

we had pc130/7 engine replacement by komatsu same hr some thing not right at the factory i thing ther was a lot of komatsu done all the one around here as the 130 has 4 cylinder the 200 has the 6 cylinder same engine just 2 more cylinder

pineman

You're responses are appreciated. I'm very disappointed with Komatsu. An industrial engine, properly serviced and maintained should not throw a rod. I'm considering a reman with a 6mo. warranty for half the cost of the Komatsu reman wirh a 1 yr. warranty. I'm just concerned if there are some things I should watch out for using a vendor other than a Komatsu dealer. I would think a Cummins engine is a Cummins engine.

Directional

I hear ya. My 4d95l broke a rod too, and took out the camshaft. Komatsu wanted $1400 for it. I bought a whole Rehmann with warranty for 7500.

Kit

I'm in the same situation, our 4d95l-1 bent a rod and I'm looking at having it rebuilt. Do you have any suggestions for where to look for a used/rebuilt engine? Thanks

Swamp rat

I replaced the one in my 220-6 a little over 2 months ago. I dont remember the company that i ordered it from - i can get the name tho - it was a surplus military engine. There was a little difference in the motors , but they were minor. I had Komatsu dealer swap them, that way they could set it up correct and they are good about backing there work.

The total cost was considerably cheaper than the a dealer motor.

Directional

I got my 4D95L from these guys http://www.dieselsales.com/

They were good to deal with and the motor runs like a top. It wasn't 100% identical, the injector pump does not have the same shut off, but it still works great. I kept my core too. I figure for the $2500 charge, less what it cost me to ship it back, probably $3-$400, it was worth more to me in parts, injector pump, water pump, injectors,etc.

MrKomatsu

$7500. ....6 months warrenty..(reman)stock # 5065
312-368-7997...it was avaiable as of 11-30-12..good luck
cummins 6BT5.9 or a SAA6D102E-2

Swamp rat

Pineman - I finally had a couple minutes to find the info i mentioned. Here is who i used and the cost.

RF Engine Morrice, MI 800-828-6943 / 517-625-4440 salesman - Matt

Kom. PC220LC-6 W/ CM 5.9L SA6D102

There parts # CM6B18LBP New Cummings 6B long Block inline P style pump gear housing w/ warrenty $ 3,985
Freight to Georgia was $ 255, core charge was $300 , but i kept the core since i only had broke rings and engine was still running.

They was Very knowledgeable and great to deal with - they sent the engine to my Komatsu dealer and let us inspect it to make sure it was correct before they asked for payment.

Good luck