• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu PC200- 7

tebzatrucking

Hello Expert

I have a PC200-7 which has been giving a lot of problems which is mainly slowness when operated.

Sometimes the boom and stick is slow going up, then fast going down, vice versa. However that issue is much better now.

Now the big problem is, the track is slow when going backwards, very slow but much better going to the front.

My mechanic or rather local mechanics are not so good with this machine. It's like a bit complicated for them to understand. Can you please help

Entropy1

Download the Komatsu manuals for your machine (parts/service/maintenance manuals). You might have to pay for them, but well worth the money.

They have a troubleshooting guide specifically addressing the problems you're having.

Most likely culprit is an electric solenoid going bad. Next most likely is gunk/debris in a relief valve seat- keeping it from fully closing (resulting the perception of weak hydraulics for that portion of the circuit).

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I'm far from an expert but I have a PC200 LC-7 and have a little understanding of them. As far as your boom hydraulics that could be a number of things. As Entropy1 said manuals are a very good investment.

For your tracking problem.... Does it speed up when you activate another function (like boom up or stick in/out) while tracking? If so, then you could have a leak in your swivel joint and not getting full oil flow and pressure to your track motors.

tebzatrucking

Thank you guys as I say the big Big problem is slowness in the whole system. Surprisingly when boom is dropped down it becomes fast.

tebzatrucking

I'm far from an expert but I have a PC200 LC-7 and have a little understanding of them. As far as your boom hydraulics that could be a number of things. As Entropy1 said manuals are a very good investment.

For your tracking problem.... Does it speed up when you activate another function (like boom up or stick in/out) while tracking? If so, then you could have a leak in your swivel joint and not getting full oil flow and pressure to your track motors.

No the tracking does not speed up, moving forward is OK but backward is so slow no power such that it can't even move at an incline.