• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu D20-P6 clutch pedal is stuck. Engage the NST & rebound about 1/4. Help

Geardoc

I have a Komatsu D20-P6, it is a straight shift dozer. It was loaned out then sat awhile. Went to crank it, put a 1000CA and 550CA in it, and so long as you have the NST engaged the dozer starts. The clutch pedal then releases a 1/4 to 1/2 way, but it won't release all the way.

The joystick for the hydraulics works, but there is a bad hose.

Is it possible that the leak due to the bad hose is causing the clutch not to release ?

Or should I get out the old service manual and try to adjust the linkage ?

Some dern fool thief tried to steal it and they ripped out the throttle cable. I'm going to try to fix the cable tomorrow with a new one, and I'm fairly sure that the clutch can be either diagnosed or repaired tomorrow.

The D20 has the straight shift with a either a hydraulic clutch or hydraulic torque converter- I forget which. The D21 has the pure hydraulic/hydrostatic transmission.

Any ideas on my problem clutch ?

Thanks for all the info exchanged here. It is a pleasure to learn and it is appreciated you take the time to read and reply.