• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komatsu-Cummins parts

Bala

Can I get engine parts for komatsu Excavators from Cummins ordering by description or do i have to get them through Komatsu.

Ie new turbo for PC300-8 Engine-SAA6D114E-3

Im on a remote Island so I need to know that the parts will fit when I get them.

Cheers

max

Tony

You need to order your Komatsu Engine parts for the newer excavators from a Komatsu dealer. It's a Komatsu engine in your 300-8, not a Cummins, and there are several differences between the two. In addition, should something go wrong with the turbo, you'll have a better shot at parts warranty via Komatsu.

What island are you on? I can give you the info for your nearest dealer distributor.

Thanks,
Tony

Bala

Thanks Tony,

That exactly what I needed to know, I am on one of the many Islands off Papua New Guinea, I have dealers and plenty of suppliers avail just needed that question answered.

much appreciated.

Max

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
That engine is a Cummins 6CT but the bolt on parts usually have some differences. I have not had much luck trying to get anything out of Cummins that work on the engines installed in the Komatsu. I suppose a head or crankshaft might interchange but Komatsu pretty much made it very hard to get parts anywhere else.

Good Luck!