• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komastu WB 150 starter?

rwatkins

We have a 2001 wb 150 that the stater dies in. The local dealer wants 800 and change for a reman starter. Please tell me that they are crazy and theres cheaper place to find one? That just seems rediculous to me.

ScottAR

Should be a yanmar engine. Does the starter have any numbers on it? Someone that handles Dixie or Wilson electric parts should be able to find you one.

rwatkins

Im going to pull it off tomorro am and see. Local napa said to get the number too, I havent been to the machine yet to see because its far away from all of our other jobs.

ScottAR

Did a little poking around in the catalog and came up with a Wilson #91-25-1194 fits yanmar 4tne102, 4tne106 and 4tne106T. Hitachi starter S13 series, 9tooth drive, clockwise rotation. Might give it a look to see if it's close. Wilson doesn't list a starter for Komatsu backhoes. HTH

mitch504

If you can't find it cheaper than a boat store, you aren't looking.

ScottAR works for Oreilly Auto Parts, try them.