• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Komastu diagnostic software

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
BLSROCKS
Can you please call me at 1-201-832-1606 .Would like to talk to you.Thanks ED

MrKomatsu

i worked for Komatsu for almost 15 years there is no software needed to run diagnostics. It is all on board in
monitior's....only Instite for Cummins service and trouble shooting.....is needed for some komatsu's...
then it is hooked up at ecm in engine area...

hootsmcgoots

Occupation
HE Parts, Service, & Sales
i worked for Komatsu for almost 15 years there is no software needed to run diagnostics. It is all on board in
monitior's....only Instite for Cummins service and trouble shooting.....is needed for some komatsu's...
then it is hooked up at ecm in engine area...

This is correct. No diagnostic port available. Only an engine diagnostic port for Cummins' Insite. Some, not all, but some of the larger loaders (WA600+), Excavators (PC800+), and rigid haul trucks (HD785+, 730E+) are equipped with VHMS( Vehicle Health Monitoring System) and Payloader for the trucks.

MrKomatsu

The model selectoin harness is only used to select model you currently have....some controllers are use in several models and the harness is what tell the controller if you have a pc300lc-6 or a pc400lc-6....no laptop is used on komatsu.except for insit.....keep the peace ya'll

Bala

Hi I have a pc200-8, I saw my Komatsu mechanic punch in a sequence on the keypad to prong up a diagnostics screen... Does anyone know what the sequence is?? Thanks.

I sent this the pages form the manual to do this to some else a little while ago,

PM me an email address and i will send it to you

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What I have seen is that in the larger Komatsu machines they are using their own engines. SD170, SD140 and SD125 were the old designations. I've still seen the Cummins clones in the smaller machines, PC120, PC150 small loader and so on.

Samir khan8521

Problem on komatsu pc100-6

was not able to find code E303 listed in PC300-6 service manual I looked at. E306 is abnormality in potentiometer feedback system. E308 abnormality in fuel control dial input value

Can u help me???....there is a problem in my machine which is a PC 100-6
It has two errors E05 and E02,I've got an actron scanner but I can't find the diagnostic connector
Can u help me out

Samir khan8521

Problem on komatsu pc100-6

Can anyone help me out there is a problem on my machine
It has two errors E02 and E05.i have been looking for diagnostic connector In the machne
But I cannot find please can someone help me out or maybe send an image of the area where the connector is located

randymiller8864

Hi John C, I know I reading an old post,but I submitted a post earlier about troubleshooting diagnostic error codes, E15, and CA778, . on a PC138USLC-8, need help, don't know procedure to pull up more Info on monitor.....thanks

John C.

Occupation
PM your email address and I might be able to help a bit. I've never worked on a Dash 8 machine but might have a diagram for pulling up codes.

John C.

dquinn

I was a field service man with komatsu for many years up till last year, from my knowledge Komatsu use diagnostic ports on only large equipment for factory down load and some of the larger cummins engines, all equipment diagnosis e.g cyl cut, sensor outputs and calibrations is done through the various monitor panels. If you need to access any monitor for excavator, dozer or loaders regardless of series I can give you the codes

dquinn

Komatsu only use diagnostic software for the larger mining gear and some of the larger cummins engines, all civil and construction gear regardless of series and machine type is accessed through the monitor panels, once in you monitor pressures, perform calibrations and carry out cylinder cut out (if fitted ) if you need the access codes for any machine let me know as i would be glad to help

nikle

Hi dquinn

Can you please give me the code for accessing monitor panel diagnosis for Komatsu D155AX - 5 Bulldozer. It has problem with transmission the lever can't move in 2nd and 3rd clutch on the monitor tabel only stau N1 and F1 and R1. In these position the engine doesn't have full power. I checked the solenoids for all cluthes and we opened the transmision case and we still can;t find what is wrong

nikle

I was a field service man with komatsu for many years up till last year, from my knowledge Komatsu use diagnostic ports on only large equipment for factory down load and some of the larger cummins engines, all equipment diagnosis e.g cyl cut, sensor outputs and calibrations is done through the various monitor panels. If you need to access any monitor for excavator, dozer or loaders regardless of series I can give you the codes

Hi dquinn

Can you please give me the code for accessing monitor panel diagnosis for Komatsu D155AX - 5 Bulldozer 76000up. It has problem with transmission the lever can't move in 2nd and 3rd clutch. On the monitor table only shows N1 and F1 and R1. In these position the engine doesn't have full power. I checked the solenoids for all cluthes and we opened the transmision case and we still can;t find what is wrong. There is E03 code.

John C.

Occupation
I haven't had to work on Komatsu machines for some time now. Each type of machine has its own procedure for bringing the codes up on the monitor panels. Dozers are different from wheel loaders which are different again from excavators and again from haul trucks. The procedures are again different for newer and older models in each machine type.

Let us know which machine your are seeking info on and we can try to get that information to you.

Dimonsof

Occupation
Heavy equipment maintenance
Big excavators should have VHMS port in them, but you need cable and VHMS diagnostic software. When I worked in Komatsu dealership, they wouldn't sell it to the customers (maybe different now?)
Small machines can be equipped with KOMTRAX, which send all the data through Orbcomm and customer actually can get access to data on-line for his machines through the dealer.

Dima

BrianSmith

I'm looking for the sequence to access the service section of the monitor on a PC210LC-10 if anyone can help? Spent the whole day googling found nothing.