• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Koehrings in the bush

Mapleleaftrucks

There is a fellow in sudbury, ontario looking for parts for a koehring forwarder, He has 2 pictures of it on kijiji. if you go to Kijiji sudbury ontario and go under heavy equipment then looking under volvo forwarder on may 9 he has 2 pic of volvo and 2 of koehring. Different looking machines.

winterax

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! In the mid seventies, I'd go up to Longlac Ontario and tag along with a friend of the family who was a camp foreman for Kimberly Clark. I have about 100 pics or so of the lake drive, cable skidders, camps etc, but for some reason I never got any of the mechanical camp. I do remember being totally in awe when I saw them ( I was about 13 at the time ), and that set me for life that I wanted to get into forestry. I've been searching for some pictures to show the "younger " fellows in the office what mechanized harvesting started out as. Great pics!

SPMiller

Occupation
Operator
There was a Koehring buncher sold at the auction a few days ago. Got good coin for what it was

Slasher

Doaktown, New Brunswick, at a forestry museum, you can find a Koehring shortwood harvester. jr-transport, you have a picture of that machine, the one with the snow on it.

Koehringman

That 505 is sweet! I hope that someone restores one of these { if there is any left} and puts up some video. Love to see one of these in action.

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Fantastic gallery until you started posting these pictures I never knew Koehring made so much logging equipment and I grew up in an area that use to have an operating paper mill and lots of related logging. I hope your able to post more Koehring stuff including they're excavators in the future.

jr-transport

Occupation
Trucking (O/O)
The excavators are pretty well covered on other areas on the net, I try to focus on the odd-ball forestry equipment they made. Some of those excavators are pretty impressive tho, and beacause of their expertise in large tracked machines they were consulted when NASA built the crawler transporters for the Apollo Program in the mid 60's. The 3 crawlers were untill recently, teh largest land vehicles on earth and were used through till the end of the Shuttle program.

Koehringman

Hi, Jr-Transport. Exciting viewing on one of Koehring's lesser known breeds of equipment. Seems that those loggers were popular in Canada. Also I noticed that the older machines were all on wheels and the newer ones had tracks. Question from curiosity.... Did the controls one the older log machines have the thumb buttons with the air assist? Or were they a different setup? Thanks. :)

Ryan Rønning

Occupation
Army Diesel Tech and field maintenace teck
THese are some odd machines, I have seen several Koering shovels but thats about it.

acswan

Cutting a block near Boisetown, stopped today and took some pics of the Koehring they have on display, post them as soon as i figure out how