• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK850LC

drag1line

Sk 850

You mean pictures like this?

Attachments

• IMG_2621 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2621 (Small).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,604
  • SK850 on trailer - 1 (Small).JPG
    SK850 on trailer - 1 (Small).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 4,622
  • IMG_4631 (Small).JPG
    IMG_4631 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,166

ben46a

Drag1line, Is that your machine? If so hows it working? specs? bucket size? Sorry for the questions, but our 385C is going away soon and we need a replacement, already have a new SK350 High and wide on the way here as we speak.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF drag1line! :drinkup

drag1line

Sk 850

Thanks for the invite Mr. Country Boy. We all need to dig dirt.
Mr. ben46a No, I would love to say it is mine, but I got the chance to run one in California and actually talk to one of the design engineeers.
It was designed specifically to take on the 385, but be easier to move and break down. California is one of the worst to move heavy equipment. 175,000# is max on a trailer without pulling ctwt and more. That picture with it on the low boy is LEGAL Load and only no bucket and it outlifts the 385. You cannot believe the ctwt to do that.
Digging pictures are in Texas...We like them big here!!
The new picture, I got from the engineer, that is the shorter arm at 7 cubic yards in dirt. Engine is TierIII Komatsu...Bet they like that one, but Kobelco dealers can support it due to negotiations in Japan. Others use Isuzu...besides Chevy...Ha Ha, but it could not produce enough power to take on Cat nor could Cummins unless a very large Cummins.
Digging forces are among the best there is. One good thing about coming late, is you can check out everyone else.
Sk 350 H&W?? Just wait until you try that for stability..No basic limit.
Have fun!!

Attachments

• PA200008.JPG
    PA200008.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,516

ben46a

Yeah we have a 330 H&W right now and its unreal, we run a 4 yd ALLU SMH bucket on it in shovelfront configuration and it never budges at all. Its wicked stable.