• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK290LC. All functions in super slow motion

Ikeellis10

Hi all,
First time posting and novice for sure. I have an sk290lc loader and in the middle of loading a truck all hydraulic functions instantly went into like super slow motion. Still have full power but all hydraulic motions are.like 50 times slower.

Machine has had some codes off and off. P1 sensor, P2 sensor, p1 new pressure. We spent some time rewiring and fixing some shorts and they mostly rèsolved....
Then bam...this issue all of a sudden.

Figured I should start with looking at wiring again but just wanted to put this out there to see if others had experienced this issue and get feedback...
Much appreciated!!!
Ike
503-269-2572

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I know absolutely nothing about this machine. So therefore I’ll try and help. I assume this has pilot controls. I would check pilot pressure and pump pressures. It probably has a pilot filter so I’d look at that for metal. do you still have the P1 and P2 codes?

Ikeellis10

Thank you, Mike. The error we were getting is attached in image. We would this message for the p1 sensor as well as the p2 sensor and yes we had matching symptoms. For the corresponding functions. When we took time and rewired the harness it appeared to resolve but then later we started getting a new code which was B11 -"B1 Neg Pressure sensor is abnormal" this code would appear on and off and then boom we lost "speed" in all functions.

Not sure if that changes your thoughts as we also were looking at pilot pump maybe being the issue as well...
Thank you,
Ike

Attachments

• 20230115_121553.jpg
    20230115_121553.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 3

Ikeellis10

Thank you, Mike. The error we were getting is attached in image. We would this message for the p1 sensor as well as the p2 sensor and yes we had matching symptoms. For the corresponding functions. When we took time and rewired the harness it appeared to resolve but then later we started getting a new code which was B11 -"B1 Neg Pressure sensor is abnormal" this code would appear on and off and then boom we lost "speed" in all functions.

Not sure if that changes your thoughts as we also were looking at pilot pump maybe being the issue as well...
Thank you,
Ike
Oh and I should add we did pull and replace all hydraulic filters (including pilot filter) when we first had issue..did not resolve.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I would guarantee that you lost two pump function and that wiring is to blame. That's probably an '05 to '07 vintage?