• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK160 Mark 4 slewing bearing

Sripola

Hi guys,

We have a 1997 Kobelco SK160 MK4 (Serial YMU1401) witha busted slewing bearing.
The part number is 24100N8102F1 according to the Kobelco USA parts manual. But do you guys know if the slewing bearing from another Kobelco model is compatible with this excavator?

Also does anyone know roughly how much this part will cost and where i could get one (second hand is ok)?

Thanks and any help is appreciated

Kobe130

Occupation
Economist, power company
My machine is the SK130lc. Kobelco probably charges CAD $10,000 for the slewing bearing maybe more. I recently inquired with one of our bearing guys here and he said sometimes they can recondition it if its not too far gone (i.e. severely galled or cracked), put new larger ball bearings in it, for much much less - $3 or 4,000. Anyway if I had to buy a new one it would be far cheaper to get them to supply an SKF or other - the only problem is getting the exact same dimension so you have to remove it anyway. Of course, there are quotes in this forum of $25,000 for some new slewing rings. For a used machine that might be worth $30,000????? Reconditioning seems like a very good option to me.

finaldrive

Occupation
Business Owner
YMU1401 is an SK150LC IV, not an SK160.

This machine was built only for the USA market.
There is no interchange with any other model.

I just developed our own brand of slewing ring. I stock from SK120 to SK480 for Kobelco.
You can send me a PM and I can offer you a quotation.

Sripola

Hi guys

Thanks for your guidance on this issue.

We decided to go with Kobel130’s advice. As we took out the slewing bearing and gonna recondition it with a larger bearing size. Way cheaper than the cheapest bearing quotes we got. Just for info the cheapest for a used bearing we received was USD 2500 FOB.

Also strange as it may be this excavator had only done about 3000 hrs as it was just sitting in some farm for a couple of years. But there was absolutely no grease in the bearing and there was rust as well. Seems as if left the factory without any grease!

And finaldrive thanks for your offer, we did figure it out once we got the part number that it was actually a 150 IV. No cheap spares as a result I suppose as you can get cheap Chinese parts for the other models like 120 etc.

Thanks
Imran