• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

Lucas vda

Hello mr Kobelco,

I have a Kobelco SK045, and i'm looking voor a user's manual.
Any idea where i can find it?
Thanks.

Ziperhead

Hi there just signed up today! Looks like a great forum! Just purchased a 1983 907d lc Sn.yg-oo774. It seams that I am having the same issues with the solinoids . It starts and runs great along as the controls are in nutral. As soon as you move any of the controls any amount other than full it wants to stall it out. Full it will work. The safety leaver on the left control doesn't seam to be working either , at first that's what I thought it was. Untill I opened the pump compartment and saw that all the wires off all three solinoids are broken. 2of them rite in the solinoid. Soes this sound like the root of my problem to you? I ordered a new bank of solinoids , only found 1available and ordered it from hong kong and now it's lost in space! Any help with new or used parts for these would be very appreciated . Also what do the three functions do and can I make it work with just one solinoid? Thanks in advance

thebaz

Hi Ziperhead,
I am no expert on this and hopefully there should be some expert advice coming from other members, but in the mean time I will try and help.
The solenoids on the pump usually are to do with the ECU and how it controls pump output and load according to engine speed, throttle position and mode setting. The solenoids being faulty would cause the problem you are mentioning with stalling out unless you use full lever. One thing to try while you are waiting for replacement solenoids is try by passing the ecu and there should be a switch somewhere to turn it on and off. When in the off position, the pumps should run as if in standard mode without ecu assistance, so give that a try and see if it will run without stalling. I would still replace all the solenoids regardless if they are disconnected so the machine is up to spec. The 907D should be a pretty good machine when all is working correctly.
Hope that helps.

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
Hi zipper. The bad wires and soleniods are where your going to start. Can you tell what wires went to witch soliniod? Can the wire harness be repaird? Is there a soleniod on the pump assembly itself? This is a older machine and I don't know off the top of my head wich coil does what but the one on the pumps is the most important one. This is the one that the cpu uses to controll pump flows. If it is not working the switch that baz is talking about wont work, I will look to see if our shop has a elec sch for this machine.

Ziperhead

Hi zipper. The bad wires and soleniods are where your going to start. Can you tell what wires went to witch soliniod? Can the wire harness be repaird? Is there a soleniod on the pump assembly itself? This is a older machine and I don't know off the top of my head wich coil does what but the one on the pumps is the most important one. This is the one that the cpu uses to controll pump flows. If it is not working the switch that baz is talking about wont work, I will look to see if our shop has a elec sch for this machine.
Thanks! There is no solinoid on the pump, but there is a 4th one that I think is for the safety lever?

thebaz

The safety lever should have a micro switch that disengages the levers from working when the safety lever is up.

coldspider

Hi

Firstly thanks for offering your help it is just what I need. Have been looking for a older machine for a while just to do some work on my farm I have found this machine http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=518208988

Can you tell at all what model it is from looking at it? Or let me know where the model number is usually located. I am assuming from the description it potentially needs a new track motor but I need to know what model it is before I can get a price for a replacement.

Thanks

grandkobelco

Occupation
chainsaw, small engine mechanic
Did I read your first post wrong? If the eng stalls out when you use the hydralics the problem wont be the safety lever. When you say the safety lever doesn't seam to work what do you mean? If the hydralics work when the lever is up sombody has bypassed the switch or the soleniod.

Rob2012

Just registered........ Looks like I landed in the right place. I recently purchased a Kobelco SK75UR serial YR-03575 with Isuzu engine: A-4JB1PYA-10 6100 hrs. Doesn't smoke, no visible blow by, Hydraulic lines look real nice, seems very tight for the hours. Plan on doing some projects on the property. Some of the wiring for heater/ AC and other, needs attention. The Nylon fan blade hub has cracks in it and i can imagine the damage to the radiator when it comes apart. Any English manuals would be extremely helpful. I do have a parts manual with some English. thanks,Rob

HI Mr. Kobelco, I seem to have hit a dead end I began to work on a Kobelco SK75UR s/n YR01050, complaint; is slow hydraulics and little power. I understand this is a gray market unit and I can not find any help, I do not have any books for the unit. So one has the wiring off the sensors for the stick and boom for the angle and offset functions and the switch behind the seat in the electrical box when moved from where its at then no hydraulics work and I found the warning horn / alarm is disconnected and it blows when reconnected. I do not know where to go to correct the electrical problem. I found the soleniod valve that the two position mode switch controls and connected a gauge to the out put side which goes to the main pump slave control and I had 700psi each time mode was shifted to one position then on pressure the other way. I noted that when raising the boom or just moving the stick in or out that changing the mode switch nothing changed such as moved faster or slower. I drilled and taped the two output fittings at the pump after removing the counterweight and connected gauges there. I could see no difference when moving a function and switching the mode switch. raising the boom only one out put had pressure, aprox. 1700psi, until boom got to the end of its stroke then the pressure began to build in both spiking to 2400psi but stalling the engine down to almost a stop. Looking for some direction to trouble shoot, are my problems both electrical and hydraulic? With no service info. this is a challenge.
The Old Wrench

Rob2012

Old Wrench, I just acquired a sk75ur and a jury rigged cable that I think has to do with throttle limit when left counsel is back, only about 70% throttle even though lever was at full in the cab. At the pump the lever was far from the stop block. Are you aware of the hydraulic control lines valve under floor below left counsel? I don't know if it controls pressure or control patterns or?? Rob

Thanks for answering, I have done some testing of the hydraulic system with out any manual to reinforce my results. I have found the line to control the pump shifting and the soleniod controled my the mode switch and the foward end of the display. I have taped into it and the signal pressure to the pump is 700psi and the mode switch does work but I get no change in hydraulic speed that is noticable and I was wondering it you noticed any change when you pushed the mode button back and forth while moving the boom up or stick in or out? I understand about the throttle cable.
The Old Wrench
PS I have found that "Mr. Kobelco" a possiable resourse has resigned from this forum and has started a pay for help web site. Just for FYI

Rob2012

Old Wrench, I am not sure what you refer to as mode button. What's the location? I do have a parts book that has hydraulic and electrical schematics and can photo and send some pages if it would be helpful.... no scanner. You do get good engine speed? Not a nest in the air intake piping? Rob

HI Rob2012, just got in, The mode buttons are located on the right consol, I have not been back to work on this unit for several weeks, trying to find some information. If I remember they are two push buttons I belive just towards the forward edge of the covered panel and not marked in english. I belive they are the only buttons side by side. Engine air is clear I suspect the hydraulic pump is not shifting to lessen the load on the engine and reduce the speed of the cylinders moving and using less horse power.. Copies of any of those pages would be great and I suspect very helpfull.. I would not mind paying for the copies. Or if you could E-mail them. Or if ypu have a print shop handy maybe you could give me a cost to copy the whole manual. But I would be happy with anything cause I have nothing now.
Thanks for answering!!!
The Old Wrench

Rob2012

Another shot at it ..... Under left console... under floor is the big lever to switch to different operator preference for control patterns. If the bolt with wings that holds the position in place has come out it could drift between positions and create hydraulic havoc. I'll get on the pages to send. Rob

I belive that lever changes the lever functions, like boom from the right control lever to the left and the stick from the left over to the right control??

THANK YOU,
The Old Wrench