• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco ED150 OFFSET (L) SENSOR Displayed

LeeSteiner

Good Morning,

issue is I have a OFFSET(L) SENSOR displayed with continuos beeping. Machine appears to be operating normal. Was not displaying this last time it was ran 2 days prior and started this as soon as it was started up. Has 4200 hrs, did all filters and fluids at 4000 hrs. I live in CT and there are no longer any kobelco dealers here in CT and have yet to find a good mechanic/information source for kobelco locally. I have the parts manual and the operation manual and have found no reference to this sensor. I dont have the service manual but im searching for a source to get one. Machine seams to get slower and not as strong on hot days but temps all read normal, was told pressure relief valves or sensors made need adjusting or replacement. Hoping someone in this online community can give me some direction, this site was great help this spring on a unrelated issue on a different machine.IMG_1926.jpg

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Yes it is a 135 upper and it would not have a offset boom I believe unless it was a gray market machine.

LeeSteiner

its not a gray market machine, im the second owner and knew the guy who bought it new from the dealer here in CT. There are no dealers here in CT any longer. The serial #YL0400504. hmm any suggestions on what to check? Trying to get a service repair manual, i have the parts, accessories, and operating manual and have looked thru cover to cover and have found no mention of offset sensor.

lantraxco

Give these guys a call, have always been helpful to me: Feenaughty Machinery 503-282-2566

I think that "Offset" may be the malfunction not the name, but I'm guessing. (L) for low, or left?

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Most of them are wired for just about any option so it could be just a wire shorting out too. Look toward the bottom of the boom and see if there are any extra wires or any that might be rubbed through. They actually made a "Offset boom but they are very uncommon in this country.