• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kawasaki 65z(B) Transmission Fault

TuRbOtOrD

Hi I am new to the forums,

I currently work as a lube tech/ heavy equipment mechanic at Padnos Recycling. I have been picking up side jobs and have ran into one that I need some input on. The loader is a 1989ish Kawasaki KSS65X(B) with over 25,000hrs. It is stored outside and has probably not had the proper maintenance done in its lifetime (has been sitting for a year because of the tranny issue). The loader's brake fluid reservoirs both broke causing the brake system to fail. I have that problem handled, just trying to track down the reservoirs. The question I have has to do with the transmission.

The loader is engaged in drive constantly and seems to always be revving (not idling). Sometimes when you put it in reverse it drops into neutral but other than that it stays in forward gear. Obviously I can not get it to drop in reverse. I already checked and oiled linkage which was not the issue. Something else I check was relays but this loader is old enough it doesn't have them. I have a few other things I am going to check but I am starting to run stuck besides possibly dropping the transmission to look at the internals. Could this be solenoids??? I have the service manuals and I can't really tell if this model had them or not. Maybe the control valve or pump??? All the other functions work besides the brake as I said. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Also the engine oil tank was completely dry making me think I may have a leak. Any other common problems I should look for?

Again Thanks,

Dan Lubbers

kleener

Occupation
battler
years ago I know, I have recently acquired one of these. Do you know if there is a transmission fluid filter, and if so where?
How did you get on with your transmission issues?