• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Just some work pics

crane operator

Trusses without a lot of room. Second two are a commercial HVAC. It blew up on the 105 degree day, and the next day was in the 100's. The customer was "I'll pay whatever it takes to get you here tomorrow to change the unit". I wasn't sure what to change my pricing structure to. When they say "whatever" I don't think they really mean "whatever". Because I can imagine some big numbers.

1688341763101.jpeg1688341777275.jpeg1688341795333.jpeg1688341807864.jpeg

crane operator

We've been busy, and its been stupid hot. So I gave the guys off on monday and tuesday both for the fourth.

After I had told them, I got two more "emergency" down calls. Quarry has a cone crusher down, we pulled it apart saturday, and I went to a feed mill sunday for a motor being down. I only had to bring a guy in for counterweight saturday, I got the mill by myself. I think I"m supposed to set some trusses tomorrow, and I'd rather not because the traffic will be terrible. But at least everybody else got a long weekend.

1688342185067.jpeg1688342198796.jpeg1688342211441.jpeg

crane operator

We've used and abused, a small old cheap hyd. press over the years. I was really hard on the old one last year, when we were dealing with suspension bushings.

Spotted this on local marketplace, OTC 55ton. It even has a electric pump, that I'm already planning on some quick couplers for, and some extra cylinders.

The electric pump had a plastic reservoir that was all cracked up, wasn't usable anymore. I took the broken plastic to my local hyd. shop. Head man went in the back for a while, and came back with a brand new steel tank. Said he had special ordered it 8 years ago for someone that never showed up.

I don't need a press that often, maybe a dozen times a year, but they sure are handy when you do need them. Still have to round up a second set of pins for the bed.

1688769385695.jpeg1688769538535.jpeg

Welder Dave

I know somebody with the same press but it uses an air over hydraulic pump. That press is better than a lot of homemade or cheaper presses that use channel iron uprights. You can stick long pieces between the uprights and support them on the ends of the bed. Kind of a pain to have to put them diagonal. The sliding ram is also a great feature and has full capacity in any position. Should serve you very well!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
We've used and abused, a small old cheap hyd. press over the years. I was really hard on the old one last year, when we were dealing with suspension bushings.

Spotted this on local marketplace, OTC 55ton. It even has a electric pump, that I'm already planning on some quick couplers for, and some extra cylinders.

The electric pump had a plastic reservoir that was all cracked up, wasn't usable anymore. I took the broken plastic to my local hyd. shop. Head man went in the back for a while, and came back with a brand new steel tank. Said he had special ordered it 8 years ago for someone that never showed up.

I don't need a press that often, maybe a dozen times a year, but they sure are handy when you do need them. Still have to round up a second set of pins for the bed.

View attachment 289629View attachment 289630
So you going to tell us how much you stole it for?

Old Doug

Has anyone ever been around a press with the little cable system to raise and lower the bed, where the cables weren't all jacked up? I don't think I have.
I built my press and winch system with a hand crank winch i divided the drum into 2 parts and ran one cable to each side. I wouldnt own a press with out a winch its a must have. I will try to take a picture . It works great . A buddy has a big press he built he uses a fork lift to move the table. He has been a friend for years but he said the forklift works just as good that is a joke .

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win