• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 690 elc

Cwalters

I just got a 690elc and it’s bogging the motor down when you try and dig turn or pretty much all functions and in all modes you have to run it at least at half throttle to get the boom to move all filters are new replaced the oil with 15w40 rotella the tank was clean cut the filter no brass or metal in it the pump gets too hot to touch within about 10m of running I’m taking the pump off today to get it checked any information about what else could be wrong is appreciated and if it is the pump were can you get parts they seem to think there hard to get them at the hydraulic shop. Sn*DW690EL561968*

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I would be testing that system before pulling a pump. First check the pump controller. After pressing the button on the side of the controller, do any lights come on/stay on?

System Controller and Decal.jpeg

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
I have run into that problem where the high idle was down 100 rpm due to wear in the throttle linkage and the machine would hardly move.If you follow the directions on the box in mg s picture you can adjust the throttle but make sure the light is in adjust position.Its worth a shot.

Cwalters

There’s no lights on the box the throttle was low got that were it’s supposed to be I pulled the pump off it’s getting tore apart then there gonna test it we’ll see what they say I still don’t think it’s the pump the machine sat for a few years before I bought it he said it was perfect before it sat could there be a valve stuck somewhere

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
What happens when you push the button on the side of the controller with the key in the engine running?

joeblow

Occupation
Retired
There is a metal seal ring on the piston that moves the swash plate on the front pump that gets hung up or breaks either in full swash or no swash. That being said those hydraulic pumps were not the most dependable invention that Linde ever thought up.When Deere went with Hitachi on that weight class in the next model Linde had a hissy fit and the replacement pumps went from $6000 to $14000 .When you put the pump back on make sure you bleed it well or it will make a horrible noise on startup.

Cwalters

Thanks for the input the hydraulic shop said it looked fine had some wear but wasn’t too bad I’ll ask about the swash plate today when they put it back together. I can’t remember what lights are on the control panel when it’s on I’ll check when I get the pump back on and bled off. I really don’t know were to start at right now I checked the pressure on the valve on top of the pump it was good