• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

John Deere 410 D parts question

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
I have a 1995 John Deere model 410-D backhoe and I am trying to find a parts breakdown of the power steering cylinder. When I go online to the factory website, from what I can tell the early machines had different system than mine. With mine, the entire assembly along with the tie rod ends mounts to the front of the tractor with 4 bolts. But the online parts manual does not show a breakdown of that type, only the earlier style. I need to order a complete rebuild kit for mine and I need the part numbers to order it. From what I can tell, the style I have had two different rod sizes. 32 mm or 36 mm. I can easily measure the rod size, but I cannot find the parts view and breakdown on my style cylinder. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to find a diagram with part numbers. Can anyone provide with a link to what I need? Thanks

Delmer

Maybe they carried that design to the E? look up the E parts diagram, then if that cylinder looks like yours, search some of those part numbers and see if they're listed for the D also.

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
Yes, it does. My serial number is TO410DG809787. How do I determine which kit I need? That might be where I saw they had two different sized piston rods, 32mm or 36mm.

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
I have such a difficult time finding the parts I need at the JD parts site. Now I can't find the repair kit for my bucket cylinder. I see where you can buy a new complete cylinder, but I don't see a complete repair kit. I feel so stupid. Can you help me find that number or numbers? I see parts breakdowns of mine, but it shows all individual part numbers for all the different seals, wipers, and associated part. Usually they offer a complete kit. I'm not seeing that.

Delmer

It will either have the parts circled, or the part numbers circled like part #14 in post #8 above, or it will list the seal kit part number down below in the listing with a description of the seal kit, or kits as there will sometimes be one kit for the rod diameter, and one kit for the cylinder diameter. That may be aftermarket only that does the two kits.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Don't know if you are looking at the loader bucket cylinder or the backhoe bucket cylinder, but the illustrations below would be the same procedure to find the packing kits.

illustration notes.png illustration notes2.png

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
I need the loader bucket cylinder kit. So, looking at what you posted for me I need AH212096 for the bore, and RE20434 for the rod ?

Delmer

Yes, all the JD cylinders of that style will use the same seals, so they sell a kit for the cylinder diameter that includes parts for the piston and outside of the gland, and the rod kit that has parts for the inside of the gland. Fewer kits to stock to cover all of the cylinders possible, instead of trying to cover every possible cylinder and rod diameter combination.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If your loader bucket cylinder has never been replaced, then I think these are the kits you need.

410D Bkt Cyl.png 410D Bkt Cyl 2.png

Peter_H

Occupation
Retired
Thanks so much for all your help. Especially the parts diagrams with the red highlighted areas. I bought the machine from a dealer. They took it in trade on a new backhoe. A municipality in Cohasset Mass. was the original owner and they bought it new. When I got it, I received all the maintenance records and there is no indication that they replaced the bucket cylinder.