• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 60HA issue

Poor Mechanic

Blew a gasket on the engine on my lift a while back. Had the engine rebuilt. Installed the 'new' engine. It idles like a top! Except it doesn't rev up when placed under load. The load tries to kill the engine since it doesn't speed up to meet hydraulic requirements. Any ideas?

Poor Mechanic

I have the Deutz engine. The engine will rev manually. I am pretty sure the linkage is installed properly.

lantraxco

Then the problem is either in the actuator or the electrics that power it. Try to follow that troubleshooting list, see if you can identify the problem.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
On the 60HA with a Deutz diesel, it doesn't rev up when using boom functions, it only revs up when you select hi throttle when you're driving the machine, and that with the boom fully retracted and horizontal. The low (idle) rpm should be 2000 rpm, and the high (drive) rpm should be 3000 rpm, both controlled by the Adeco throttle controller. If you do in fact have the low (idle) rpm set at 2000 rpm and it tries to stall engine when working boom functions, you either have something putting too much load on the engine or the injection pump governor is messed up. The governor in the injection pump should work to maintain 2000 rpm when applying load to the engine.

lantraxco

Well,see, there I go blathering on about things I know nothing about, lol. Thanks Willie, i learn something new here every day :notworthy

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
No worries lantraxco. That's the way JLG set up most of those machines that used the Deutz diesel, including machines like the 80HX, 100/110/120HX, pretty much all of the H series JLG machines. :drinkup

lantraxco

Not worried, lol... that's what HEF is all about, the widely varied experience gleaned from hundreds or thousands of man-years spread across the globe. I just need to learn to shut up now and then! There's a reason I stick to Morooka stuff mostly, it's such a small pool it's not hard to be a know-it-all :rolleyes: