• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 40ha drive motor engaging with foot switch

hneely

i got a jlg 40ha, when i step on foot switch the drive motors are engaging and if i dont release switch it will kill engine cause brake is not released, if i rapidly step on switch numerous times it will operate as it should and it dont have this issue all the time its random im afraid im gonna get stuck up if i dont figure this out. it has deuts with standard bang bang hydraulic controls, only pq controller it has is on drive. i was leaning towards replacing the pq controller but if the controller was the issue i dint thing it would be random? any input would be greatly appreciated.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Sounds like a controller problem alright. the controller is a plug-in, right? not individual wires?
Strange still that the brakes aren't coming off. Try taking a wire off the high drive toggle switch, and see if that stops the problem.

hneely

Sounds like a controller problem alright. the controller is a plug-in, right? not individual wires?
Strange still that the brakes aren't coming off. Try taking a wire off the high drive toggle switch, and see if that stops the problem.

controller has a six wire plug, i will try taking wire off high drive switch later today, now that you mention that (high drive) it did seem like it was engaging high drive when i step on switch, if brakes were not locked it would just take off when i steped on switch. if i stomp on switch numbers times it starts working as it should.

thank you for taking the time to read my post and reply