• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JLG 40 will only go forward and not reverse

franput

I have old an old JLG 40 foot 2 wheel drive that will only travel one direction. I opened up the control
in lift. The variable potentiometer seems to be bad. Does any one know where I can buy one?

farmer9

We also have a two wheel drive jlg 40 h lift that only moves forward, although it is a mid 80s model that is all hydraulic... any ideas for us?

odbwedge

ive got a 40f and travel control went out i think from the rubber boot going bad where can i get a replace switch ? and my basket leveling switch wont work i have to take a hot wire and jump the servo to make it move i hate to junk her but if i dont fix these problems that whats going to happen .can someone save her thanks

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
ive got a 40f and travel control went out i think from the rubber boot going bad where can i get a replace switch ? and my basket leveling switch wont work i have to take a hot wire and jump the servo to make it move i hate to junk her but if i dont fix these problems that whats going to happen .can someone save her thanks

Welcome obdwedge! There's a thread with a whole lot of JLG 40F info in it, check out:

https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?14386-The-JLG-40F-Boom-Lift-Dilemma

On page 3 of that thread, post #31 shows all the types of controllers used on the 40F. Let us know what kind of controllers your machine has