• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Jd4050 new fuel filter, will not start

dan7

Replaced fuel filter on my 4050 the way I always have done it and it still won't go. Used the hand pump on the side of fuel pump like always, still nothing. Any ideas?

Delmer

Does it have a shut off at the tank? Was it sputtering before you changed the filter?

Bleed the injector lines by carefully loosening them (or just one) at the injector. Use two wrenches so you don't twist the injector. One turn is loose enough, crank until there's fuel squirting and no bubbles, close it up and it should start.

OR give it a little shot of starting fluid while it's spinning nice if you can crank it and spray lightly at the same time.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
YUP, crack the inj. lines AT the injectors.
MAKE SURE the shut off LEVER has moved to the run position.. seen it before, cable moves, lever doesn't.
Shut off tap at tank open..
Work the hell outta the hand primer till you can hear the fuel coming out of the return on the pump..

dan7

Ok thanks. Was wishing it was something I can do myself, I am a one man band. I'll find someone to turn the key When I crack the injectors.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Its a 1 man job.. just quicker w/ 2.. loosen as many lines as you can reach.. crank the motor, get off & look to see if its wet, tighten lines.

dan7

I found a friend and it went quick. Fired right up. Thanks