• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD backhoe help

Galute

Hey guys. I just bought an old JD 410 at auction. Seems to be a decent old machine. I'm trying to get a shop manual for it but I'm a little confused on which one I need. The decals just say 410. The serial number is 410-B 1291277. So is this a B model? It has an old repaint on it so it's possible someone just didnt get the right decals for it. Anyone have any idea what year model it is? I did a couple hours searching on the net and have come up blank. Thanks for any help.

BTW. The last 7 in the serial number could be just a scratch and not supposed to be a 7. It was really hard to tell.
Later Rick.

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You can call your nearest Deere dealer and they can tell you what year it is by the s/n. You can go to the Deere website and get the specs of the machine once you've confirmed it's a B model, http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/docs1/jdcfc_homepage.html , click the "Products and Equipment" tab, then click "non-current models" on the left. Select "Non-Current Backhoe Loaders" and go to your machine. You might run across a manual on Ebay, if not you can order the manual at the "Services and Support" tab at the Deere site. Send us some pics of your new toy. ;)

Galute

Thanks guys. I put the SN into John Deeres website and all I got was an error, not found. I did find all the specs on the machine tho. Guess I will have to give the dealer a call when I have time. Thanks again.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Thanks guys. I put the SN into John Deeres website and all I got was an error, not found. I did find all the specs on the machine tho. Guess I will have to give the dealer a call when I have time. Thanks again.

Your Deere dealer should be able to help you out. My local dealer is Nortrax and they're good with parts and support. ;)

Galute

Oh yeah, almost forgot the pic. This is the only one I have for now. Will get some more later.

!cid_6F907D9045244D449BB95D150F2B91B7@pat.jpg

Last edited:

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
TM1468 is your Operation and Test Manual = little over 200
TM1469 is the Repair Manual = around 260 or so.
Go to Ebay, but their are very few there. You may have a hard time finding it used. You can also get it on CD or DVD if you like for about 100 a piece.

Galute

Is that a 410b? My 83 doesn't look like that. Mine has a cab though. I'm sure no expert. But it looks like the pics I've seen of regular 410's.

I'm not for sure what it is. I thought it was a regular 410 when I bought it but the serial number says 410 B. I dunno. As soon as I get time I'm gonna run the serial number by the dealer and see what he says.

Awhelan

It looks almost Identical to my 1980 410, but mine looks a bit bigger mabey it's because of the cab
I bought all 3 of the manuals off the deere website, they were pricy but well worth it

rockdog

If memory serves me the 310B is the only machine in the B series that had the square loader arms. That looks like a 410 to me. The 4/5/610 B's all had the angled loader arms. I am looking at one of the original sales brochuresfor a 410B and on machinery trader right now.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6807765&GUID=A6B75B55001541D39D262F27479CE1DA

The link you posted is exactly my 83, but mine has an enclosed cab. Heavy old beasts. But like most heavy old work plugs, they aren't fast but chug along all day and get the work done. I've been pulling out scrub trees with mine. Oh my hell. It's amazing how big of a tree this thing will drag. :D

Galute

After looking at all the pics and the specs on John Deere's website I think you guys are right. It's a 410 which is ok since that's what I bought it for anyway. LOL I found a service manual for it for 192 bucks. Seems like that is a decent price since most want upwards of 300 for one.

Last edited:

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
There's not a shred of doubt here--that rig is NOT a B series.Like someone else said,one of the most drastic changes when the B's came out was the angled loader arms,besides numerous other major design changes everywhere on the machine.