• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

JD 862/ 862B electrical question

crewchief888

hoping someone can remember back this far...
late 80's (?) 862 had some sealed quick disconnect diodes in the electrical system, possibly in the RH console.

i think they were part of deeres "great idea" about replacing the manual elevator controls with electric switches.

trying to find a part number for the diodes, if they are still available..

thanks

:drinkup

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
from what I remember never had one but those were problems when they where new I think a lot of people changed them over to manual controls back then.

crewchief888

yea i worked at a deere dealer back then, i remember converting several 862's back to manual controls.

i think i found the diodes listed in deere parts.
gonna have to call the local dealer and see if they are still available, and how much they are.

i thought of using these diodes because they have spade disconnects on both ends, and would be easy to add to the existing wiring i already have run for the winch on my off road truck.
i was doing some "thinkin' drinkin' " the other night, and thought about adding another dash mounted rocker switch on the passenger side of the dash.
the diodes should stop any feedback between the 2 switches.

:drinkup